Baby pressing SO hard against my stomach

Forum: 2007 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies - the baby worked itself into a really uncomfortable position (for me, anyway) last night and hasn't gotten out of it. I know the baby is ok, because I heard the h/b this morning with my doppler. But it's really quite painful for me.

I don't know what exactly the baby is doing, but the whole lower front part of my stomach hurts SOOO bad - there is SO much pressure. My question is this - is this normal? Has anyone else had this happen? I keep trying to gently nudge it into a more comfortable position, and it will NOT budge.

I had a really hard time sleeping last night and have to move at an angle to get up or sit down. I tried going to spin class this morning and was so uncomfortable that I could only make it 20 minutes...any suggestions for how to deal with this? I'm guessing this is normal because it feels exactly like someone is stretching out my belly (like the baby is pressing from every possible angle to get more space) - and I can definitely feel body parts pushing against my stomach just below my belly button, but I'm a little worried...

Any advice, thoughts, etc. would be much appreciated...

Thanks,
Amy
December 19th, 2006, 10:17 AM
newmom-19's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to newmom-19
hmm sounds like how i felt not to long ago
my sister suggested that maybe the baby was pushing on my back with its legs and its back was pushing up against my tummy maken my stomach feel tight, or it could be BH but those shouldnt be painful
the only thing that helped me when i felt really "pressured" was to ly down on my side or stretch.. or go to sleep.. and drink lots of water.. to help ur digestive system incase its just bloating.. i get that so often these days, my poor digestive system is like woah man!!, wheres all my space? hahha... Im sorry you feel so uncomphy and im not that much help.. im just speaking from what i felt.. it may not even be the same thing.

Adrianah Elizibeth Rosealie
</div>
December 19th, 2006, 11:13 AM
lvfunandfit's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My baby has been doing that to me since 19 weeks. IT HURTS! I usually try to drink some juice to get her to move. Sometimes I can feel her entire body pushing lengthwise accross my entire stomach. When I eat too much she does it, when I have sex she does it... I asked the dr and she said it is normal. She's just moving around. That's what babies do.

Check out Danika's website!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4pQs8L/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
December 19th, 2006, 01:17 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My little guy loves my bladder. Sometimes he's jumping on it and other times it feels like he's using it for a bed, which is really painful. The suggestion above of drinking some juice is a good one. Anything sweet should work to get your little one moving and hope s/he lands in a better place.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
December 19th, 2006, 04:50 PM
starcie
I've head of ladies putting an icepack on one spot to get the baby to move somewhere else - they sometimes do it later on to encourage breech babies to turn. Maybe you could try that?
December 19th, 2006, 06:02 PM
demandaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to demandaj
Yep...it's starting to get a little more then uncomfortable when the little guy decides to scrunch in the corner of the belly LOL...the one thing they tell you to do alot when you want the baby to move outside of eating or drinking is do the cat stretch...get on all fours and tuck in and then release your pelvis muscles...It also helps relieve on the stress on your back...do that for 5-10 mins...and repeat as necessary

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search