Stop Toying With Me!

Forum: 2007 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2007 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Super Mommy
It's probably been pretty nice to not have to hear about all my contractions and L&D visits this last week. And why is that...because there have been no visits and contractions have been mild and irregular...YAY!! Maybe 4 an hour or so, nothing too bothersome. AND the ones I would get every time I would stand or walk seemed to die right down also...double YAY! YAY! So despite simply being tired all week it has been a nice break from what I had been experiencing prior.

Then came came last night. Around 7pm I started timing them since I had been having so few lately(Sat was the last terrible contraction day) it was noticeable when they started coming more frequently. They were every 8-12minutes apart. And they didn't let up, nor have they since. Laying down usually eases them even if it takes a few hours, not last night. They woke me up over and over again and at 3:30 am, when dh got up, I started timing them...5 minutes apart. So to distract myself I sorted and put away clean baby clothes and after DH left for work I headed back to bed. Again being woke by constant contractions...even dreamt I ran into Jenn at L&D and man was she forceful with the nurses...haha.

I got up at 8:30 and they have been around 4 minutes apart since. This is the longest I have gone with constant and steady contractions. BUT, they are not terrible contractions. They are however, just like the ones I had when I went into preterm labor. So I am going to be stubborn and ignore them unless something changes. If they get more frequent then I will go in. They were 1 minute apart when I started PTL and I didn't actually realize they were that frequent. I'll admit I am torn about going in and tired of crying wolf. Especially since I have been in so many times. But I figure if come 4-5 o'clock and they are still this steady, then that must mean something. Or not...LOL. ^%$@*&. Dang kid is messing with me!

Shhhhh...I have to admit that I am a wee bit nervous because if these ones are making me dilate, well Asa is still breach and that might mean an automatic c-section if this is it. I'm kinda scared to get checked and am hoping that maybe I'll feel a roll here soon and all will be fine.

<span style="font-family:Georgia">My Blog</span></div>
July 20th, 2007, 12:51 PM
bella518
If they are 4 minutes apart, my doctor told me even if they are mild I should go to L&D.

I know you don't want another false alarm but.....
July 20th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Noelle
Asa! Listen to your mommy and either come out, or stop messing with her! First life lesson: Don't mess with pregnant ladies!

Keep us posted! I hope everything happens the way you want it to!

July 20th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Super Mommy
I knooooowwww...said in my best kid pout. BUT when I was in last Thursday they released me and they were 3 minutes apart! So this is something that has been going on for weeks. The only diff' will be if they have not changed over the next few hours. As they have in the past, eased up and changed pace. So far, they haven't but I'll give them a while longer.

July 20th, 2007, 12:55 PM
bella518
Do you have anyone to look up your hooha and see if anything has changed? LOL
That is what every pregnant woman needs...an at home dilator checker. LOL
July 20th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Sunshine_Kenya
Popping in from the July DDC. I am so sorry you are going through this. I have been experiencing the same thing since about 32 weeks. It is AWFUL, and for me it only got worse each week. It's horrible, exhausting and frustrating, I feel for ya! Hang in there mama!
July 20th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Super Mommy
LOL...I just mentioned that to DH when he called at lunch. I told him how nice it would be if I had my own personal OB who could swing by and see if I'm dilating. He said "You do, but he's at work right now." hahaha. Yes he has tried to check me, but really, he has no clue so there has been no point. He even puts on sterile gloves.

Uh, yes my DH has sterile gloves...don't ask...I figure your imaginations are much more amusing than the truth...LOL.

July 20th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i WOULD WAIT A LITTL EBIT LONGER AND THAN GO IN!!! (oops all caps) I know you would hate to cry wolf, but they have changed for you, so its better to safe than sorry!!!!

--------------------
July 20th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Popping in from the July DDC. I am so sorry you are going through this. I have been experiencing the same thing since about 32 weeks. It is AWFUL, and for me it only got worse each week. It's horrible, exhausting and frustrating, I feel for ya! Hang in there mama![/b]

Thanks sweetie! My goodness, you must be more than ready to be done! Ugh, please don't say this is what I have to look forward to, but alas with my luck I'll go over due...LOL.

July 20th, 2007, 03:51 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I am feeling that same way. I get some contractions that get going that are bringing tears to my eyes... and then when I think okay a few mroe I will go in... the fizzle out! I am ready to hit the eject button too!!!!

I hope that it settles down for you soon!

July 20th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i hope they either go away or do something for real!!! Good luck!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search