Plan of Attack?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2008, 08:12 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I know most of us haven't gotten our doctor's blessing to start being active yet... Once you're past the 6 week mark and given the OK, do you have any plans for exercising? What are they?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
April 25th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Julka
I have an ellyptical trainer at home, so I plan doing at least 40 minutes on that each day. I am not exactly "fit" right now so I don't want to give myself expectations I cannot meet. Also, we have an indoor swimming pool downstairs, so I plan on going there for an hour about every other evening. Not sure what else yet. Oh yah, ditching junk food & sweets and just eating healthier.
April 25th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ALP Send a message via Yahoo to ALP
Eating healthier and I also ordered Hip Hop Abs (don't know if anyone has seen the infomercial for it or not) also to take the girls for walks when the weather gets better

April 25th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Mom2Carter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mom2Carter
I will be walking with Gavin on my lunch breaks at work.. ( I am self employed so I bring him to work with me for now until I feel comfortable taking him to daycare with his big brother )

Once I get the ok from the Dr. I am joining the gym with a friend.

</a></div>
April 25th, 2008, 09:09 AM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to start walking w/ the girls. I can do that now - but I can't go very far since my blood is still low. I won't be going to the gym or anything because Hubby works all the time, so I have to do stuff w/ the girls.

Oh and I'm going to start eating healthier. Hard because it is REALLY difficult to cook anything when I'm by myself.

April 25th, 2008, 09:19 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
When the Doctor gives me the ok and my tailbone heals I want to work back up to walking 2 miles a night.

April 25th, 2008, 10:17 AM
jentanne
I also have an elliptical at home but I plan to start with 10 minutes a day. I will probably go ahead and start soon because I don't think 10 minutes will really hurt me and I am coming up on 5 weeks PP this week.

My eating goal is to stop eating so much CRAP!!! I grab a little debbie cake here and there because it is quick and easy when Anna is giving me fits. However it is so bad. I have to get some quick HEALTHY snacks in the house. I also bought a Brita water pitcher so I can drink more water.
April 25th, 2008, 11:52 AM
4boys
I also have an elliptical trainer and I worked out on it up until the day before I delivered. So I am hoping I can get back on it without too much trouble earlier than 6 weeks pp because hopefully I will still be in some kind of shape from using it during pregnancy. Maybe next week I'll try it. Beyond that, I have a small library of workout DVD's including Turbo Jam, which really did a lot for me after my last baby, so I'll do those probably after 6 weeks. That and just eating less and trying to stay away from sugar.
April 25th, 2008, 06:41 PM
1974's Avatar Veteran
I've been a bad girl and started running again about 2 weeks ago, which was 3 weeks pp. I was getting very antsy and couldn't help myself. I'm also going to alternate and do some power yoga to help with my backache.

I eventually want to run 3-4 miles a day. I am at about 1.5-2 right now.
April 26th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
Doc gave me the GO AHEAD last week... but all I've started doing is walking with Cade. We've been trying to get out & walk at least every other day. My incision & belly still hurt like crap if I do a lot. I've got an elipitical machine at home... starting out slow on it - trying to do 10 minutes 2x's a day.

When Cade turns 3 months, I'll start back to the gym. (they have a nursery there for him to stay in when he turnes 3 months)

As far as eating goes, I'm not craving Blizzards anymore, LOL, so that should help a ton! Trying to eat healthy & smart... I eat 20 times a day so I'm hoping this weight will fall off!!! Especially combined with breastfeeding!
April 26th, 2008, 10:02 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
1. Keep on breastfeeding (well, pumping anyway)
2. Keep on eating better -- I am eating way better now than I did when I was pregnant!
3. Walking an hour a day with Jack as soon as it warms up outside
4. Riding my horses for at least a half an hour at night as soon as it warms up outside
5. Doing the WW breastfeeding program

I can't WAIT for nice weather!!!
April 27th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I started walking last week... my doc said any amount of walking is ok as long as it doesn't hurt... right now I'm only walking a bit more than 1 mile a day, but I plan to gradually increase that over the next few weeks. Once I get the OK from my doc, I'll start doing some of my dance videos and rock climbing. I love to climb, but I can't even imagine putting a harness on right now!

As for eating, I don't think my diet was too bad even during pregnancy. Hubby and I are pretty careful about what we make, and there aren't that many really unhealthy snacks that I'm not allergic to, so that helps!

Thank you Julia (Julka) for my BEAUTIFUL siggy!!
<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">
</MARQUEE>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search