Exercise!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2008, 09:42 PM
mayandsofiasmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today I took my first walk! It about killed me though! I'm still not 100% from losing all that blood, so it was very tiring, but I did it!! I need to walk a lot, but it is a huge PITA to go on a walk with twins! Plus, my neighborhood is not conducive to walks - I live on a very busy street and it's not really a good place to walk - so I'm going to have to go somewhere to walk. I can do it though!

What is everyone else doing for exercise?

April 28th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Julka
Good for you for starting! It's a PITA to got for a walk with a toddler & a newborn too, so I feel you! lol. One wants to run off everywhere, and I'm not sure how to handle the double stroller and chase a toddler at the same time! Once I figure it out, I plan on going to the local park, they have a nice paved road, really long too, for biking/walking so I am going to make a huge circle there every morning (I hope!), then do about 30mins on my elliptical, and maybe go to the swimming pool in my building every few days, when the pp bleeding stops, that is.
April 28th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm mainly walking as well. I've been trying to get to the gym but thats a little harder for me. Things will get a little easier as your girls ger older. I've taken many a long walk with my two toddlers plopped into our double jogging stroller. (no actual jogs though. )
April 28th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
Right now just cardio.
I've walked the mall a few times, LOL... and I've got an eliptical machine that I've started back on.
My incision still hurts when I do too much, so taking it slow for now.
April 28th, 2008, 10:55 AM
jentanne
I haven't done anything yet. I have an elliptical but it is out in our sunroom. I need to start getting back on it though. I also have Denise Austin's Pregnancy video and it has a section for post pardum... I may do that soon. At least I would still be in the main part of the house.

When I finally really get the hang of my sling I will probably take my older girls to the playground which is right by a walking track. Then I can walk with the baby while they play.
April 28th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So far I'm just walking... I put the little guy in the stroller and walk the 3/8 mile to my daughter's school and back every afternoon. By the end of this week, I want to add a walk in the morning as well. Once he's big enough for the jogging stroller (probably around 6 weeks), I'll start jogging and roller-blading with him. I want to start rock-climbing again too, but I have to wait until my tear is totally healed before I even want to think about putting on a harness!

Thank you Julia (Julka) for my BEAUTIFUL siggy!!
<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">
</MARQUEE>
April 29th, 2008, 08:44 PM
What kind of a jogging stroller do you have? All the ones I've looked at say not to use until they are 6 months!! I would love to get one I could use sooner.

I was planning on walking tomorrow, but not sure I will. Am taking Sofia to the doctor. We'll see how I feel after that.

April 30th, 2008, 10:10 AM
glisteninghope's Avatar Super Mommy
Once it starts getting nicer outside I plan on going for daily walks down at the walkway. For now the only time I get out walking is on the weekend when we go into town to do our shopping.
April 30th, 2008, 01:37 PM
1974's Avatar Veteran
I've been running on the treadmill everyday in addition to doing crunches and squats. I just bought a pilates video yesterday and it kicked my butt!
April 30th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Cartersmommy08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you work out before your 1st PP check up? I can't wait to work out!!!
May 1st, 2008, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
What kind of a jogging stroller do you have? All the ones I've looked at say not to use until they are 6 months!! I would love to get one I could use sooner.

I was planning on walking tomorrow, but not sure I will. Am taking Sofia to the doctor. We'll see how I feel after that.[/b]
We have a Burley Jogger which can be used (with a neck support) starting at 6-8 weeks. We got ours at Amazon, but it's been discontinued. Also, it only seats one child. I don't know if any of the 2 seaters can be used that early.

Thank you Julia (Julka) for my BEAUTIFUL siggy!!
<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">
</MARQUEE>
May 2nd, 2008, 10:31 AM
aw darn. Oh well. I'll stick to walking on paved paths for now

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search