Hot flashes/night sweats??

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2008, 10:37 AM
sunnie83
The last few nights I've been waking up with terrible hot flashes/night sweats! I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same and if its normal in post-partum for your body to go through this?? I am thinking it must be my hormones changing around, as I've also been experiencing a little nausea off and on and DR at the hospital told me thats normal as the hormone levels re-adjust. I am just curious!
May 12th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The whole first week I woke up nightly just drenched in sweat. I had to change my sheets a couple of times because I was so wet. I would wake up wet and then get really cold and not be able to get warm again. I'm back to normal now but I remember it being really irritating.

May 12th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Super Mommy
I am going through this as well! I wake up sweating & then cannot get warm again because I'm so cold. I am just blaming the hormones. I'm glad it's not just me though.

May 12th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Super Mommy
i wake up soaked, completely soaked every night!!!!

Thank you *Sharon* for my beautiful Siggy!!

May 12th, 2008, 11:14 AM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That happened to me the first two times, and this time I am not sure why its not happening? Maybe its yet to happen. I have woken up with my temperature all off though recently, but I am only sweating a little this time.
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
May 12th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YES! Gosh I hate it. I get hot flashes throughout the day and then whenever I go to sleep I just sweat and sweat and sweat. We only have 3 sheet sets for our bed so we're doing even more laundry on top of the baby laundry.
May 12th, 2008, 12:48 PM
*~Jen~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes! Last night was the first night since Caleb was born that I didn't wake up all sweaty and he's almost 3 weeks old! I do NOT remember it lasting that long last time.

May 12th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad Im not the only one!!!
May 12th, 2008, 04:01 PM
sunnie83
Wow, I am glad I am not alone then!! I also get cold then sweat too - I am thinking I'm gonna catch a terrible cold if this keeps up! Its been ages since my body has ever said it was cold..ha! The entire pregnancy I was so stinkin' hot!
May 12th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Crystal423's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, this has happened to me too. I would wake up soaked and then get really cold. I think it's completely normal, but it's annoying isn't it?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my wonderful siggy!
May 12th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am still sweating at night & it has been 6 weeks. I guess it is going to take a bit longer b/c it was triplets?

May 12th, 2008, 09:11 PM
ibdancn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not postpartum yet, but my midwife explained this to me. She said it's your body's way of ridding itself of excessive hormones. Which is also why you cry sometimes without knowing why.

Thank you Chelsea (marriedc) for my beautiful siggy

May 12th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Melody's Avatar The BEST Mommy Ever
Send a message via MSN to Melody
I get them all the time, not just at night. It will be in the 60's and i'll be sweating

Thanks for the beautiful siggy, Bonnie! You're the best!!!
May 12th, 2008, 09:23 PM
MommyMaryann's Avatar Nic's Mom
It seems like I'm sweating 24/7 these days. I also wake up in a pool of sweat - then 5 minutes later Im freezing cold.

March 20th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your problem I was also faced same problem hot flashes and night sweats all that whatever I had used progesteril and I have cure from this situation, I will suggest you to use this,I think in the grace of god you will be all right.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search