walking with baby...

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Blessedx3
ladies ar eyou all taking the babies for walks yet? i know the weather here has been absolutly gorgoeus lately, Hope love, i mean loves to be outside i say walk and she starts talking and smiling... and flayling her arms and legs all around, she love loves, loves to be outside, we sawa few red birds,a dn bunches of flowers yeturday and a really creepy sickly looking squirrel (it has no hair on it except its big old fluffy tail) Mr B was out with us and i told Hope, don't tuch the sicky squirrels like that one Hope, and MR B added yeah hopers, they are scarey and might turn you intoa squirrel, HOPE LAUGHED!!!! it's like she understood what we were saying it was soo cute! anyhow get those babies outside ladies i think you'll find they love it!
May 16th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Ever since the spring weather arrived I try to get out on the days when it hasn't been raining or too cold. I'm not so I would say Aidan loves it, but he's fine with it. I use the stroller and he just kinda chills while I walk around. Right now all the sidewalks in our neighbourhood are torn up so using the stroller is next to impossible. I've used my carrier a few times but it kills my back. Maybe once my ergo arrives we'll be able to walk around with that longer! Can't wait.

May 16th, 2008, 04:55 AM
momto4blessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are outside all the time. Sadie just loves it.
May 16th, 2008, 05:59 AM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've been going out ever since it got above freezing - bundled up snuggly, and not for too long of course! Now we go for walks to the post office and grocery store, or sometimes DH and I take her in the stroller with the dogs. When I put her in the sling or bjorn she now likes facing outwards and smiles at all the people on the street

May 16th, 2008, 06:18 AM
sleepybear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to get Haley out on nice days. I have a crappy stroller, and it's too bouncy around the yard and up the driveway. But I got an ergo Wednesday, so hopefully we'll get to go out to walk more often. It rained yesterday, but it's beautiful today. Just waiting for her to wake up from her nap.

May 16th, 2008, 08:18 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We live in the south so I've been taking Aiden for walks since he was born. I havent' been doing it as much as i want but we go every weekend.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

May 16th, 2008, 09:28 AM
*~*SnowHibiscus*~*'s Avatar I ♥ my girls!
I'm hoping we'll get to go out more when the Ergo comes (if I don't return it). Strolling her around was ok, but I can't see her so I haven't done it much.

May 16th, 2008, 09:44 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I've been taking Walter out for long walks since pretty much a few weeks after he was born. I have a big dog that needs to get out and being a SAHM comes with dog duty. Walter loves it.
May 19th, 2008, 08:43 PM
NYJenn
Nicholas loves going outside. He's a big hit at the bus stop, all the Mom's love him
May 19th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Precious0013
I try really hard to Zachary out when the weather allows. We went to the zoo on Saturday and he slept through the ENTIRE walk, lol. I was like man...I wanted you to see the animals.

THANK YOU .h00dihoo.this. for an AWESOME siggy
May 20th, 2008, 06:17 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We were really good at getting out as soon as the snow was gone. Then we got lazy about it. It seems like when it was finally 50 degrees I was all about going for walks. Now that it's (sometimes) warmer, 50 is too cold to go out for a walk
May 20th, 2008, 06:39 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lilly likes to go out in the jogging stroller. Or if we are walking the dogs I usually just wear her for that.

May 20th, 2008, 06:50 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Quote:
Ever since the spring weather arrived I try to get out on the days when it hasn't been raining or too cold.[/b]
Me too , which has been like 3 days so far this month

I've put her stroller in her car and taken her to explore a park after school, she falls asleep - the rougher the better! (unpaved paths).
Our sidewalks aren't great either and my neighborhood is alot of deadend streets off a main road so it's not that great for baby walks.
I'm looking for more parks to take her to on nice days after school - I like getting her outside after being cooped up all day inside.

May 20th, 2008, 06:51 AM
pjcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pjcherry Send a message via MSN to pjcherry Send a message via Yahoo to pjcherry
yeah we try to go put atleast once a day if weather permits. my boys love it too
May 20th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I try as much as I can, but Im usually exhausted from work and baby, so its hard. The weather hasnt been all that great here, today its only 55 degrees which I think is too cold for walks with Dylan. This weekend is supposed to be in the 70s and sunny so maybe DH, baby, and I will go for a few walks

May 20th, 2008, 08:49 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She loves looking around when I carry her, or in the sling... but she absolutely hates the jog stroller. I am so bummed about that.

My Blog
May 20th, 2008, 08:51 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Lily was used to going for walks. I'd take her around the block after she was a few weeks old if the weather was okay, or I'd take her to the mall. We have a park near our house with walking trails in the shade. I haven't taken her out in about a month because of the vertigo, but I need to get back in the habit
May 20th, 2008, 09:13 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
we have been walking and hiking since Cadie was a few weeks old too. We love it!
May 21st, 2008, 08:49 AM
mineforever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am too! we try to get out every day. but this week it's raining and so I have to look for a rain shield for my stroller, before I can go for walks.
~Charity - SAHM to 6 Monkeys and expecting #7!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search