My MIL is so stupid

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Precious0013
Ok, I already have ill feelings towards the woman. And I was kinda starting to come around and consider letting her watch Zacahary for a little while. Well she just called me and told me she was off on the 28th and wanted to watch Zachary. Well I'm already searching for excuses becuase I dont want her to watch him ALL day. I told her that usually my mammaw watches him on Wed. and that she was going to get him early that day becuase I had a doctors appointment. Well thats when she says 'oh well I have two doctors appointments but I was going to just take him with me' ***?!?!? Are you serious...did u just....grrr. I told her I'd feel more comfortable if she watched him after her appointments. That I could give her my mammaws cell number and she could call when she was done. I just cant believe she even wants me to let her take him from my mammaws house to tote around to her doctors appointments. I'm not even taking him to MY doctors appointment. And oh yeah at one point she said 'well I dont have a girly doctors appointment like I'm sure yours is' Well no mine is just a regular check up and what the hell difference does it make he doesn't need to go.

GRRRR

Thank you for letting me rant. And at the end of this she is once again making me feel less comfortable with her being alone with him. I swear wed. I'm gonna be flying home to get him.

THANK YOU .h00dihoo.this. for an AWESOME siggy
May 20th, 2008, 11:10 AM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ARGH! Rant away! That would drive me nuts!

May 20th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Feel free to rant. Mils and be such pains in the rear. Mine was great until Dylan was born and then decided to keep sticking her nose where it didnt belong, telling me how to raise MY baby. UGH!!! The solution for me and its something to think about for you too, is to put a lot of distance between you and her. Call her and talk to her only when you have to. I started doing that a couple of months ago and it has worked great. HTH

May 20th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont know how much more distance to put. I NEVER call her, i dont like talking to her and hell even DF doesn't really like talking to her. She knows I'm not comfortable with her alone with Zachary because I told her that. To her face! Becuase of the stuff she pulled right before he was born. And she's been doing better, but after today it's like taking huge steps backwards.

May 20th, 2008, 03:43 PM
noworries
It's things like this that make me so thankful I have a wonderful MIL.
May 20th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
It's things like this that make me so thankful I have a wonderful MIL.[/b]
:-P I wish she wasn't so stupid. Hell just a lil common sense would go along way. I told my mammaw that if she shows up before 3:30 on that wed not to give her Zachary becuase her second appointment doesn't start til 3 and I dont want her taking him.

May 21st, 2008, 06:42 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Well, coming from another one here who has an annoying/stupid MIL, I feel your pain! I won't even start highjacking your thread with my rant... that's coming up next in it's own lol.

At least you found out in time what her plans were so you could react. I guess all you can really do if you do decide to let her take care of him is to grill her ahead of time on what her plans are so you can try to avoid any bonehead moves on her part.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search