Who's still BFing?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2008, 11:30 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Just wanted to see who was still doing it and how long you plan to go.

I will definately go til 6 mo and then maybe just at night up until a year. That's my plan...we'll see how that works out.
August 22nd, 2008, 12:42 AM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
We are still breastfeeding, I plan to go atleast 18 months

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

August 22nd, 2008, 01:43 AM
aprilmiracle's Avatar Single Mom to Birk
I'm still BF'ing, exclusive till 6 months and then on to about a yr. I'm hoping he'll self wean around the age of 1

August 22nd, 2008, 04:21 AM
bessie17's Avatar mommy2caden&adisyn
I am not EBFing, but mostly... I was going to start weaning him, but it's just not working out. Caden always wants the boob. LOL! I plan on keeping it going until 6 months.. maybe longer.

Colleen, loving mother to Caden (4yrs; 04-17-2008) and Adisyn (2yr; 01-14-2010)
August 22nd, 2008, 05:37 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
EBFing here, I'm going to let Kate self wean. One year, two years, whatever.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 22nd, 2008, 05:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to let Logan self-wean. But I plan on BFing atleast a year. Though somehow I have a feeling that DBF is going to start pestering me to wean him starting on his 1st birthday. Because, you know, he'll turn out to be a wuss if I don't. Heaven forbid I breastfeed him into toddlerhood.

I like how DBF doesn't do ANY of the research but he still thinks he knows better than I do.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
August 22nd, 2008, 06:01 AM
curlesue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
<waves>

Still EBFing... I might do self-weaning... We'll be starting Ben on solid foods at 6months...but I plan to keep BFing then too...it's up in the air.

August 22nd, 2008, 06:04 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
My next mini-goal is 6 months (which at this point is pretty much in the bag, woo!), my long term goal is at least a year. We'll see what happens after that!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
August 22nd, 2008, 06:13 AM
IBake2Boys+1Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via MSN to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Yahoo to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Skype™ to IBake2Boys+1Girl
sigh....I'm so green with jealousy right now....

Congrats you to girls!! That is such an awesome accomplishment! I am so excited about having #3 because I'll be a SAHM after that and I can EBF as long as I want!! My supply always dwindles after I start pumping so here's to #3!!!

Way to go girls!!

Marie {mom to}
Ethan (7), Patrick (4), Emma (2)
Happily Married to Nathan (4.28.07)
August 22nd, 2008, 06:19 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
I never EBF, but I did BF so she could get antibodies. I was asked to keep doing this by her pulmonologist. It's worked so far, she hasn't gotten sick yet. But she only gets about 4-8 ozs a day. And I have to pump and add thickeners to it. I'll do it through the winter, if I can.

Everytime I've decided to quit, I always change my mind. My body doesn't cooperate.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
August 22nd, 2008, 06:25 AM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still breastfeeding Mia and hope to until she's about 2. With Alexander I cut the nursing down to just naptimes and bedtime at about 18 months. And then a couple months before his 2nd birthday I just nursed him at bedtime. At 2 he was ready to wean. I'd really like Mia to have the same schedule. But if she self-weans beforehand, well, that's up to her.

August 22nd, 2008, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
MeMeMeMe! Sean is getting some solids (because we couldn't eat in front of him without him going nuts) and a little bit of formula when they run out of breastmilk at daycare... but other than that, he's EBF. I plan to pump at work until he's a year old and BF him until he self-weans. With Kate, I tried to wean her starting at about 18months... she did not cooperate! She finally weaned just before her 3rd birthday... because I told her that she couldn't start dance class until she was a big girl, and nursing was for babies. Mean, I know... but I was SOOO sick of it by then!

Thank you Julia (Julka) for my BEAUTIFUL siggy!!
<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">
</MARQUEE>
August 22nd, 2008, 06:49 AM
Celeste1576's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our story is funny...

Alexanderia at first would not take to breast so I pumped and fed. It went on for the first two months and I was still working on her to go to breast. Well all of the sudden she wants only breast and NO STINKING BOTTLES. Doesn't matter what is in the bottles, she won't take it. LOL She gags when you put a baba in her mouth. ha ha

So she is EBF just like my son, who only got formula at daycare because I couldn't keep up with pumping, plus he was only in day care three days a week and half of the time I would go down and feed him anyway.

My son self weaned at a year. I am not sure about her or how she will do. I will watch her signs. When she does eat solids she automatically wants the breast, I think that she may want to be to breast longer than my son did.

Wish I could post pictures, will hopefully upload some soon.
August 22nd, 2008, 07:04 AM
Tribeca's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
EBF here. I plan on going as long as Carter wants me too and my supply holds up. I trust he'll let me know when he wants to quit the boob

"An error can never become true however many times you repeat it. The truth can never be wrong, even if no one ever hears about it." Mahatma Gandhi
"Doctors put drugs of which they know little, into bodies of which they know less, for diseases of which they know nothing at all.” Voltaire
"A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
August 22nd, 2008, 07:06 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im still BFing.I do give her a 5oz bottle before her bedtime (its only been a few days since we started doing that though),but she nurses once she finishes that too,so Im still BFing around the clock.She likes the boob to fall asleep and cuddle.
There are days when I want to wean her because I stress about what shes getting,and there are days when I see myself doing it for a year.
Right now Im just playing it by ear..I´ll take each day as it comes and see what happens.

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

August 22nd, 2008, 07:11 AM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am also still breastfeeding... No longer than about 18 months. I can't imagine doing it any other way. When I traveled I fed her a bottle while on the plane and I hated it. I didn't have any free hands!!

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

August 22nd, 2008, 07:30 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
When I traveled I fed her a bottle while on the plane and I hated it. I didn't have any free hands!![/b]
Its funny you say that because even though I FF my older daughter,I totally dont know how to do it now!! lol.Who knew bottle feeding would be such a pain in the butt? DH has to give Noelia her night time bottle (the only bottle we give her) because I dont know how to position her and she doesnt know how to lay either because she knows its me and instictivley wants to nestle in my chest which means I cant get the bottle anywhere near her face,and I hate the fact that I dont have a free hand to help her get comfy or patt her little butt/stroke her face.
He feeds her 5oz and then I nurse her to sleep.I couldent be doing the bottle thing each time she wants to eat...aftr BFing,I find the bottle uncomfortable and anoying.I cant imagine doing that at 3am.

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

August 22nd, 2008, 07:48 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Still BFing here!! My next goal is 6 months, which I think is pretty much garenteed. We'll be starting him on solids at 6 months (maybe 5) and then after that I'll go till he wants to stop. Up to 18 months.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!
rate 6/5/2014: 164 rate 6/23/2014: 165 14w5d

August 22nd, 2008, 07:52 AM
Alison88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Alison88
I am ebf still too, although Becca is SUPER interested in food so I am going to ask the Dr what I should do at ther 4 month appt on Tuesday. I plan on going until about 18 months like I did with Bri, but that was just a bedtime feeding.

August 22nd, 2008, 08:08 AM
Regular
Still EBFing here!!! my goal is 2yrs but when i showed DH all the research on how good it is for LO he was like "no go for three yrs!!"...but that seems a long time for me! But I understand where DH is coming from...when he was 15 his brother dies from Leukemia...and even tho its not hereditary he wants to make Genevieve as healthy as possible.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search