Kel?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2008, 09:42 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Hey girl! Where are you? I was thinking of you last night as I was getting ready for bed and couldn't wait to get online to check! How are things going, how's Danny, how's YOU?

Let us know!
August 24th, 2008, 05:26 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Thanks for thinking of me, hon! I've been a bit busier at work lately, so focusing more there, and of course at home with two boys time to post is sparse. Danny's waking up and Eric's eating some cereal, so I have a minute, LOL.

Things are going pretty well. Surgery Tuesday didn't phase Danny at all, he's been great all week. We got to put his hearing aids back in Thursday and have been doing some hearing stuff mixed in our days. At his appointment with the hearing ladies Friday they confirmed that his left mold his borked, just doesn't fit right (even they couldn't get it to stop giving feedback), so he's going with just the right one until his new molds come in. We go in on Monday to retest after the tubes were put in, and hopefully the new ones will be in, but if not they will bring them next Friday for us. We haven't had any more real "hey, he heard!" moments, but that doesn't mean he isn't listening and soaking things up. Whether or not he hears the music, I don't know, but the past few days we've had some "dance breaks," LOL. I crank the music to a level I -think- he can hear and we just be silly. That's the kind of stuff I was sooooo depressed at missing when I first found out he was deaf, so it's really special time to me.

I'm doing pretty well. Of course, I finally went ahead and filled the prescription for meds for PPD, which is likely helping, heh. I was doing mostly good, but then I'd have these wicked evil crashes I still worry a bit, of course, like with how Danny still isn't reaching very much or using his arms to push/prop up when he's on his tummy both on the floor and on me. He arches his back to get up without using his arms much, so great trunk strength, but the arms...yeah. He rolls off his back almost onto his front, but can't get his arm out of the way to finish the job. And he won't reach more than an inch for stuff. I try to sit back and trust that he'll do it in his own time, though.

They're stuffing shredded paper into a blender on TV. Paper smoothie! Anyway. My bub.

Danny's starting to fuss... guess that's my cue! Thanks for asking, hon. How are you and Jack doing?

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
August 24th, 2008, 07:44 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
omg he is so adorable Kel!! Danny seems to be doing great to me. It took a while of Mac rolling on her sides and almost getting over before she could roll over completely( id say a good month), and a week after she finally did it to master the rolling technique.( and shes only been rolling for about a week) So danny seems to be doing great ( and remember his adjusted age is right there along Mackenzies!) I wish she didnt roll so much because now she wants to sleep with her face mashed into the matress and when she sleeps like that, mommy doesntr sleep at all, lol.

thanks for the update!! im so glad you got to dance and be goofy with him, i bet it was really special!!
August 24th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Jaime
Those things will all come with time. Don't worry, it sounds like Daniel is doing very well. Glad to hear a good update!!

Thank you Julka for my siggy!
August 24th, 2008, 08:07 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
I'm glad there is good news! The dancing sounds like SO MUCH FUN, I am glad you're doing it. Good idea.

About the rolling and reaching... try not to worry too much. Jack learned to roll 1 wk before his 5 months birthday, and technically, he's only 4 months old. And he only started reaching ON his 5 months birthday. Up to that point I was just like you, worrying and wondering!

He is SO CUTE! I love the hand resting on that chubby little knee, cracks me up.
August 24th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
I agree with Shannon, Danny's adjusted age is the same age as Macs. I'm glad he and you are doing so well. I really don't know how you stay so strong all the time. I need lessons on that. lol I completly understand the worrying about everything.
Danny is simply adorable, Kel.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search