So much spit up...

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2008, 05:37 PM
4boys
Reid seems to have turned into a barfer. He doesn't throw up a lot at a time, just enough to make himself wet and have to change his clothes! Now that he rolls, he's always on his tummy which makes it worse. My poor carpets! But at least it's old carpet, I don't care as much. So any suggestions on what I can do about it? He's well over 18 lbs so I'm not concerned that he isn't getting enough to eat! But I am considering starting him on cereal this week to see if that helps. Or is this just something I have to live with? All my boys spit up a little but it's just annoying.
August 23rd, 2008, 07:33 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Mackenzie is becomming more of a spit upper( dont think thats a word, lol)

It isnt tons, like you said, but it is enough to wear i always keep a bib on her, and i make sure right after she eats, that i either sit her in her swing for a half hour, or i have her sit on my lap for a half hour. I never put her on the floor right after a feeding, becuase the pressure on her belly always makes her puke ( since she constantly rolls over)
I never fed cereal before, so i dont know if that will work, to me it seems like it would just make him puke a little more, lol.

I would just try and keep him off his belly for a little while right after he eats, and see if that helps any.
August 23rd, 2008, 07:45 PM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think its something you just have to live with. as soon as babies get around 4-5 months and are moving around a bit more they will spit up more. kyle wears bibs all the time that have a waterproof back so his clothes dont get wet. when he is on the floor on his belly i'll pull the bib out so its covering the floor. maybe that will help?

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
August 24th, 2008, 07:23 AM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mia has always had a problem with spitting up. She has to wear bibs almost all the time. When she's on the floor I lay her on a blanket...easier to wash a blanket than the floor. Her ped said the spitting up usually goes away by about 6 months, though of course some babies continue doing it for a little longer. I just started her on cereal this week and it hasn't helped any. A lot of times right after I feed her she will spit it up, even while she's still in the high chair. I was hoping the cereal would help but it looks like it won't. Oh well, hopefully only a couple more months of it and it will go away.

August 24th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Cartersmommy08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Carter has ALWAYS had a spit up problem! It was really bad when he was a newborn! We switched to AR lipil which helped but he still spit up a lot! When we started oatmeal his spit ups DRASTICALLY decreased. Don't get me wrong, as soon as he's doing tummy time (usually about an hour later) he spits up more again! I'm not sure if it'll help your guy, but I know starting solids definately decreased the amount of spit up we clean over here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search