Pilates?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
Who does pilates? I'd like to get a DVD to do on the days that I'm not going to the gym.
I've heard a lot of ladies say that pilates is a great way to build core strength, and strength in general!

If anyone does pilates, do you like it?

Can you recommend a DVD?
February 28th, 2009, 08:27 PM
4boys
I currently don't but I have in the past. I have Denise Austin's Mat Workout (based on the work of JH Pilates). I liked it because there are 2 20-min. workouts plus a 10-min. lower body segment. It will totally kill your abs but it's relaxing at the same time. There is also some yoga in the second workout. I used to do the two workouts in a row and then it was a good 40 min. workout. Or one workout plus the lower body one. I would recommend it. I would say I like pilates but I am not a fan of yoga (for reasons other than its workout quality).

ETA: Do you want mine? I don't do it anymore. I should mail it to you.
February 28th, 2009, 08:53 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
I LOVE Pilates. Erin if Christa doesn't want your DVD, send it to me!!!

I've been doing Pilates as part of my burlesquercise class for about 2 months now and it is a GREAT workout. Do be sure to get a basic or beginner's DVD at first because getting your form right is essential to getting the most out of it. The key to remember is to picture yourself pushing your abs against your spine all the time. When you are lying down this means that instead of your back being arched over the mat, your back is flat on the floor.

You'll love it! It doesn't feel like a workout when you're doing it but as soon as you stop, you can totally feel it in your abs!
March 2nd, 2009, 08:13 PM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
Erin, you can go ahead and send your DVD to Jilly, I actually ordered the same one (I think) today off of Amazon before I even read this, LOLOL!
March 2nd, 2009, 08:15 PM
4boys
That's awesome! I hope you like it. Jilly, if you pm me your address I'll mail it to you. And yay for you being in Canada! I don't have to ship to the US!
March 5th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Cartersmommy08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Christa, I am a pilates junky!!! The absolutely BEST pilates I have found is the Winsor Pilates. They aren't too difficult but aren't too weak either! Before Carter I lost 60lbs doing pilates!!!!! I am trying to start again but it's difficult to fit 20 minutes in for anything!!!!
March 7th, 2009, 09:42 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys View Post
That's awesome! I hope you like it. Jilly, if you pm me your address I'll mail it to you. And yay for you being in Canada! I don't have to ship to the US!
Can you turn on your PMs hon? I tried to PM you but it says you aren't set to receive them. Thanks!
March 8th, 2009, 06:34 AM
4boys
Ok, I'll see what I can do.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search