Need a Pick me up

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2009, 08:25 PM
4boys
I need some ideas. What do you ladies do for yourselves as a little pick-me-up when you are feeling down about your body?

My cycles have still not returned and I have not lost anything since November. In fact, I have gained 3 lbs back. I swing back and forth between feeling extremely frustrated and crazy that I am this way and just giving up entirely and not caring anymore.

I don't want to give up because I know I'll gain easily even though I'm not losing easily. I want to feel better about myself and do something nice that will at least make me feel pretty and that I like myself while I'm trying to muster up some more patience and wait for everything to go back to normal.

This is so hard for me. Sometimes I feel like I can't wait anymore but I have no other choice.

Any suggestions?
March 9th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Alison88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Alison88
Oh Hunny don't loose heart.. it is hard when your cycles are not back to normal.

What I tend to do when my weight loss stalls is switch up what I am eating. I find even if I am eating low cal etc that if my body gets too used to the same foods that the weight doesn't come off as quickly. So at that point I switch the foods.. ie I may add citrus fruits one week and then more veg the next and I switch up my snacks and main meals too. I think it just gives my body enough of a change to get the weight loss going again.

Good Luck!

March 9th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
I go to the gym.

There is no better feeling than getting hit on by a bunch of gym junkies, LOLOL, especially when they're probably at least 6 years younger than me.

(I am so bad, LOL)
March 9th, 2009, 11:08 AM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well lately I come and complain here! hah

otherwise I just try to change up my diet and start cutting out things that I know are not good for me!

Keep your head up tho! It sucks when your cycles are not back to normal, it makes it so difficult!
March 9th, 2009, 05:44 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Babe, don't be so hard on yourself. You know that you've got really healthy habits going. If it weren't for darn AF being such a PITA for you everything would be fine.

You ARE succeeding - I know for me developing the healthy habits was the hardest part. I knew what I was supposed to do, I just couldn't pull myself together enough to actually do it!! But you are all set!

Why not put the boys to bed, then go get in the tub with some candles and a good book? Lather yourself up with some lotion afterwards and snuggle with DH on the couch. You can do it -- it WILL happen. You've got the hardest part done already!

Hugs, mama!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search