W.T.H.?!?!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2009, 12:07 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
I'm discouraged. And mad.

I'm trying. I've been trying for nearly a year. A YEAR. I was getting close - only 16lbs from my goal weight of 125. I was thrilled to see 141 on the scale! Updated my ticker and everything! yay!

Uh, no.

I'm back up to 143. What the hell!? WHY?! I actually upped my activity and working out. I'm still eating lots of veggies and protein, and avoiding bad fats and refined flours/sugars. I ate potatoes for the first time in 3 months last week. (They were good.) I am so sick of trying and getting knocked back down.

It is so frustrating! Why have I gained weight?! I doubt very much that I've built TWO POUNDS' worth of muscle in the past month. I weigh myself every day and all of a sudden I popped back up. Last night I was 144 before bed!

I'm just so sick of trying and feeling like I'm not getting anywhere. I'm tired. I'm tired of diets. I'm tired of working out. I'm tired of this weird in between stage, where my jeans are too baggy, but the others are too tight. I just want to finally get to my goal weight and not see the scale add on these two stupid pounds.

Sigh. I'm sick of trying to lose weight and I want to quit.
March 13th, 2009, 12:40 PM
4boys
Oh Jill, I know how you feel. Think about how frustrating it is to try for months and months and see NOTHING come off! You have lost sooo much since Jack was born and you really look fabulous. I think that you should take a break from the scale. Leave it alone for a week and focus on how you feel, not silly numbers that can fluctuate from day to day. Go buy yourself a new outfit that you feel great in and enjoy the success you've had! You deserve to feel great right now even if the scale hasn't moved in awhile. I always experience plateaus at some point but just give it an extra week or two, it will come off again!!!!

((hugs))
March 13th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Alison88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Alison88
Don't fret Jilly! You are doing soooo great and weight fluctuations are unfortunately part of being female. I can totally relate to you though cause I was loosing weight at a great rate on WW and last week I lost nothing and I have been doing the 30 day shred every day except on the weekends and even started doing level two. I admit that I did have some snacks on Saturday and 3 coolers, but other than that I ate pretty well. I just hope more comes off this week.

Don't get down we are all in the same boat and here for each other.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search