Its hard for me

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
Its really hard for me to lose weight. Benn trying all kinds of things! Cabbage diet, The Not Eating Diet , Atkins Diet..NOTHING! Ive joined a gym, and worked my butt off but after 6 weeks, I gave up. The ONLY time I have lost weight was being pregnant with Adeliya! Only time!! No joke!!

Well, I saw on Oprah and NBC News and all that about a new diet regime. Acai, pronounced Ah-saw-ee. Well I ordered it and am waiting patiently for it to arrive. Should be here today or tomorrow.

Im very excited about it. I cant wait! I am hoping to lose some weight, I dont even care if its 5lbs!

*sigh* I dont know why its so hard for me. My mom lost 30lbs, and rubs it in my face about it. I want to lose weight to be healthy! Im about 210lbs. Ugh! That number disgusts me. Its easy for both my sisters to lose weight, but why not me?

Well I cant wait to get my new pills! Im acutally excited about it. I guess DF saw the twinkle in my eyes when I asked him if I could get them. He was hesitant about it because he didnt want me to get my hopes up. I feel like the only way I am going to lose weight is that rubberband in my stomach.

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
March 20th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Alison88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Alison88
Aww Melba I'm sorry you are having such a rough time with loosing weight. I have heard of Acai berries, but not the diet. I hope it works for you.

Have you talked to your Dr at all maybe there is some other reason that can be addressed as to why you are not loosing weight.

Good Luck and be sure to let us know how the diet works

March 20th, 2009, 09:05 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Oh Melba...

it's hard to lose weigh, no doubt about it. I've been in your shoes -- I have tried a kazillion pills, diets, everything. For the first time in my adult life I'm at a healthy body weight. I've never been able to lose weight till now.

Everybody is different and some things work for some people and not for others. I know for me it was just eating a lot of salads, and exercising a LOT. But I hope for you that these work and jump start your weight loss!

Good luck mama -- no matter what, you are a beautiful and smart woman. Never forget that you are more than just a number on the scale!

KUP, and stay here in the YM forum -- there's some great support and advice here!!

Last edited by jillylicious; March 20th, 2009 at 04:07 PM.
March 20th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
Thanks gals! I cant wait! Im really excited. Hope to at least lose 5lbs so I can find a nice dress to fit into for my wedding!

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
March 20th, 2009, 05:11 PM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really hope this diet works for you Melba. I know I've had a problem losing weight since I turned 28. I never had a problem with my weight all of my life. I could eat whatever I wanted and never gained a pound until I hit the age of 28 and went through a rough time, ballooned up to 240 pounds and had a hell of a time getting the weight off once I realized that I let myself go. I lost 50 pounds and managed to get down to 195 before I got pregnant and then when I was pregnant I ballooned up to 270. I've worked my butt off since I stopped breastfeeding in September and have managed to lose 93 pounds. I'm down to 177 and I couldn't be happier. I have completely changed my lifestyle. I eat well but only 2 meals a day. I don't deprive myself from food. If I want a cheesesteak I will share one with DH but I will only eat half. I exercise my butt off 6 days a week. I'm working very hard to get down to 155 by July.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search