Starting Over

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2009, 08:24 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK, it's time for me to buckle down and revamp my lifestyle a bit. I had my yearly GYN exam yesterday and while my blood pressure was really good, my doc wants to check my cholesterol and my thyroid. She didn't really say why, but I can guess it's because of my weight and my family history of high blood pressure and diabetes.

My DH & I were talking last night about changing certain habits. Our meals are actually pretty decent but we figure we can watch our portions, add more salads, cut out things like hot dogs and soda/sweet tea, and eat healthier snacks. Common sense stuff, really. I don't believe in cutting anything out, just eating in moderation and portion control.

I'm also adding exercise back into my routine. For months, I haven't been able to figure out how to fit it in because I wake up at 5:30 M-F to get ready for work, I want to spend my evenings with Leah, and then I go to bed not too long after she does. I've been CRAVING exercise though. So last night, my DH suggested that he wake up at 5:30 also, but he would take the first shower while I workout. Then while I'm showering, he'd take care of everything else (make coffee, feed the dogs, wake Leah, etc). So that is a HUGE help. I exercised this morning for the first time in 8 months and I feel GREAT!

My main goal is to fit back into ALL my old pre-preggo clothes (especially my work clothes, since I wear those most often and don't want to buy more!). I used to be a size 14 and I've been wearing mostly 16s since having Leah. Ideally, I'd love to lose 20-25 pounds, but I'm trying not to make it about the numbers. I just want to live healthier and feel better in my clothes.

Anyway, I'm really just writing here for someplace to keep track of my progress, to get my thoughts out, and to kind of hold myself accountable for what I say I'm gonna do.

September 15th, 2009, 11:21 AM
4boys
Good for you Amanda! Sounds like you have a great plan in place. Good luck!
September 15th, 2009, 11:25 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Hey girl! 20-25lbs is totally, totally do-able. Is there a way you can fit exercise in during the day? Can you walk at lunch?

In the meantime it sounds like your plan is totally realistic. I'm sure you'll do just fine! KUP!
September 15th, 2009, 11:56 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great plan Amanda! 20-25 pounds should be fairly easy to lose. I know the first month that I cut back my portions and started exercising last year I dropped 10 pounds in a month. Good luck and keep us posted.

September 15th, 2009, 12:23 PM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! I'm cheering you on!
September 15th, 2009, 04:49 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies!

Jill, I'm now able to exercise first thing in the morning w/o getting up any earlier, since my DH said he'd shower while I work out and then take care of the majority of our morning routine while I shower next.

September 15th, 2009, 05:08 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good for you!! KUP, you will rock!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search