here I go again.

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2009, 10:18 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here I go again.. yet another post on how I am going to lose this last 15lbs.

I REALLY REALLY wish I would put forth the effort so I can stop complaining about those last stinkin 15lbs but I just haven't had the will power to do it.

So here I go again...Telling myself that I can do it in 8weeks. 2lbs a week with excerise and counting calories can def happen. I just have to make the right choices. So hopefully Dec 5th(im starting on monday) I will be telling you all how successful I was. lol arg here's to having the strength to making the right choices.
October 2nd, 2009, 05:58 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can do it!!!

Willpower is hard. Try to set yourself up for success. In the last couple weeks, we stopped buying ice cream, hot dogs, and anything else we thought was "junky" or unnecessary. So if it's not there, it can't tempt me.

Good luck!

October 2nd, 2009, 09:34 AM
4boys
Good luck! You can do it! I am counting calories right now and I found the first few days were the hardest. After that it's been not too much of a problem.
October 2nd, 2009, 09:54 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
The first thing I thought of you when i read your post was "here I go again, on my oooooowwwwwn!" by Whitesnake. Just goes to show where my mind is at today - in the 80s, apparently.

You can definitely do this - you've done it before, after all! I agree with Amanda. Just clean out your house and shop around for some good substitutes. Things that work for me include:

- those 100 calorie packs of Quaker sweet oat thingies. They come in chocolate, toffee, peanut butter and some more that I can't remember. There are 20 of them in a packet, so it feels like you're really eating a lot more than you are (it beats eating, like, 3 chips!)
- Laughing Cow cheese, the party packs. They are these packs of tiny little cubes of soft cheese and they come in different flavors (mushroom/pepper, etc.) One cube has something like 20 calories and it tastes AWESOME spread onto a Melba toast. One cheese + one toast = less than 100 cals and hey, it's CHEESE and crackers! Awesome!
- An egg has only 80 calories. Can't go wrong.
- Diet pop, if you're craving pop.
- Eat lots of fibre, either with sprouted grain bread, Ryvita breads/crackers, hard veggies (like broccoli) - it regulates your system and helps your body to process food more efficiently.
- Learn to like fish.
- Avoid red meats - we are now only eating it 1x a week, and it's actually feasible.
- Watch your sodium - reducing my sodium intake broke my plateau and my plateau had lasted ALL. SUMMER. LONG. It was awful.
- If you really, REALLY want something, go ahead and have some. Just don't have lots.
- If you eat pizza wipe it off with a papertowel to suck up the grease. It'll take something like 250 cals away!
- Substitute healthy stuff for regular meals - instead of meatloaf and potatoes, try having chicken breast meatloaf and baked squash.

Erin is right - once you get your brain in the habit of being aware of how many calories you're eating, it's a lot easier to keep track of them in the back of your head.

You can definitely do this! I can't WAIT to hear your success story!
October 2nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can do it!!! Just stick to it and know that it will be so worth it in the end. Exercise daily and count your calories and it will be a piece of cake.

October 3rd, 2009, 12:07 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thanks so much ladies for the support!! I know I can do it I just need to stay focused.

I do great at home...its when I get to work.. I work in an ER so there always eating out. Or bringing in bake goods or chips and dip..there is always something in the break room. SOOO my new goal is to avoid the break room

I think I will def get those 100 calorie packs and take them to work with me. Because I love to munch to make the time go faster. I think partially I am having trouble because I am awake for so many hours. So I get so tired that I just keep eating to keep going and I make the wrong choices because your body craves sugars when you're tired.

Thanks for all the ideas Jill!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search