Gymchick's Workout & Weight Loss Journal

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
I'm starting this journal to keep me motivated... This is it for me, no turning back, LOL. I will just post at the end of each day, everything I have eaten, my workouts, and general feelings. Hopefully it will keep me motivated and maybe motivate some others.

Current weight: 163
Goal weight: 150 (by Christmas)
Ultimate goal weight: 135

--------------------------------------------------------------
November 18th Meals
Breakfast: (coffee of course) Protein Shake in skim milk
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Salsa chicken in a whole wheat pita with green leaf lettuce and a little hummus
Snack: Fat free chocolate ice cream (the one thing I can't stop cold turkey)
Dinner: 1 piece of Homemade pizza with steak, mixed bell peppers, onion, and feta cheese

Workout
Today is my "at home workout" day... will post my routine as soon as I do it (during nappy time)... it's a great routine that Derek put together for me on days that I can't make it to the gym, focusing primarily on core conditioning.

Right now I'm able to get through 2 sets with minimal stopping. Going through it without stopping is a GREAT cardio. My goal is to get up to 3 sets without stopping though.

Explosive pushups (3 reps)
Jump squats (15 reps)
Pushups (15 reps)
Single leg deadlifts (10 reps each side)
Supine hip extensions (20 reps)
Dumbbell getups (5 reps each side)
Russian twists (10 reps each side)
Kettlebell swings (20 reps)
4 point plank (1 minute total)
Side bridges (30 seconds each side)
Crunches (50)

Last edited by GymChick; November 18th, 2009 at 10:31 AM.
November 18th, 2009, 07:39 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
You can do it! You've done it once already - you are going to do so awesome!
November 20th, 2009, 04:23 AM
November 19th
Meals:
breakfast: Coffee & a protein shake in skim milk
snack: apple
lunch: leftover pizza (small piece)
snack: broccoli
dinner: leftover pizza

Workout
3 sets of the following..
split squats (8 reps)
dumbbell press (10 reps)
shoulder press (10 reps)
barbell rows (12 reps)
cardio - 1 mile walk/jog/sprint

My thursday meals sucked, or so it seems. The pizza wasn't that bad though - not like it was take out pizza... but hey, leftovers are leftovers, haha. I'm dreading this weekend because I'm going to be staying with my parents tonight and then we're going out to eat with Derek's parents on Sunday. I'm going to do my best. No working out again until Monday though
November 24th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I'm not even going to talk about the weekend, LOL. Yes, I did watch what I ate but I didn't work out for three days and I did eat a little more BAD stuff than I should have!!

11/24 Meals:
breakfast: protein shake & coffee
lunch: bowl of veggie soup and some crackers with hummus
snack:
dinner: a mexican dish, the name escapes me... not totally healthy but ya know...

Workout:
My at home workout... I did 2 sets all the way through and then a 3rd set, omitting the kettle bell swings & dumb bell getups... my back started going, LOL
Explosive pushups (3 reps)
Jump squats (15 reps)
Pushups (15 reps)
Single leg deadlifts (10 reps each side)
Supine hip extensions (20 reps)
Dumbbell getups (5 reps each side)
Russian twists (10 reps each side)
Kettlebell swings (20 reps)
4 point plank (1 minute total)
Side bridges (30 seconds each side)
Crunches (50)

11/24 Meals
breakfast: coffee & protein shake in skim milk
snack:
lunch: pita & hummus pizza with veggies
dinner: probably leftovers
December 1st, 2009, 09:24 AM
Thanksgiving Weekend
I know, I didn't update at all through the Thanksgiving weekend, but actually, I didn't do too bad. Sure I had a few things that I wouldn't normally have, a few too many deserts, but I can safely say that I never really felt miserable, LOL. Didn't get in too many workouts either but we were traveling a lot. We went out to eat 2 times during the weekend and I did eat healthy both times, grilled chicken salad once and salmon & broccoli once. I was happy to actually make my MIL feel like a pig bc I sat there eating my salmon while she sat there eating her heaping pile of pasta... the day after Thanksgiving... which honestly, I could NOT believe all the food my inlaws ordered... yuck.

So I headed back to the gym yesterday, did my lifting workout and cardio. I am trying to get into running. So far I can run a half mile without stopping, LOL. I just don't understand why I can't run... I WANT to but I swear it is all in my head... I just can't get in the mindset... it's really frustrating. BUT a half mile is a huge improvement from where I started... which when I first started I could barely run a quarter mile without having to stop.

Runners, how do you do it?

I was really happy yesterday, when we went to the grocery store and the check out girl commented on how "healthy" we eat, LOL. That's always nice to hear from a stranger, especially in this city... I swear this is one of the most unhealthy areas in the country.
December 7th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Shew, I am having a hard time keeping up this journal. But I will say that I'm NOT having a hard time keeping to my new routine! It must be really stuck in my head this time, LOL. I even turned down cheese cake this past weekend!!!

So the only problem, I haven't lost a pound. I mentioned it in chat, but it is definitely aggravating... the scale isn't showing any change even though I KNOW that I can see change. My clothes are fitting differently and people have been asking me "how much have you lost" all the time. But I'm still at 163.

I have started running though & hope that will help. It will also help that Derek is training to fight in a MMA fight and will be eating a lot cleaner.

Today I'll be going to the gym later, doing my lifting routine & then hopefully running a mile - yes, a mile is all I can do right now, LOL.
December 7th, 2009, 03:17 PM
sarastar512's Avatar Super Mommy
The first mile is always the hardest then you just get that runners high. :-)

December 7th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarastar512 View Post
The first mile is always the hardest then you just get that runners high. :-)
Don't think I've got it yet, LOL... I can't seem to get past a mile. Hopfully in the next week or 2.
December 8th, 2009, 05:08 AM
sarastar512's Avatar Super Mommy
yea, its kind of like comparable to death ...lol I think the worst part is your legs just dont want to do it. I have a real problem with staring at the time too...i have to cover it up or i will just stare as the time slowly passes by.

December 9th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarastar512 View Post
yea, its kind of like comparable to death ...lol I think the worst part is your legs just dont want to do it. I have a real problem with staring at the time too...i have to cover it up or i will just stare as the time slowly passes by.
LOL - well I've been running on the track at the Y... and have just been timing myself so I don't get distracted with counting laps, LOL. I need to try to push past a mile I guess...
December 10th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I am so frickin aggravated at my husband. I had a weight loss goal for Christmas and since he's decided to fight in January I have had to take a back seat to HIS training. He is training more during the week AND doing his personal training 2 days a week which means I can go to the gym on Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and usually I am out of town on the weekends. So just frickin great. He just called me (it's 8 p.m.) and said, I'm coming home, are you going to the gym? Um, it feels like it's 12 degrees outside, it's Cade's bedtime, I haven't even cooked dinner... NO. I have a home workout to do but I want to RUN!!! He knows I won't leave cade in their nasty childcare... I'm just so PO'ed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search