We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Evening snacks are what kill me. I seem to get "hungry" every night. I try to arm myself with low calorie snacks in case I just can't resist the urge, but I need more ideas. This is what I have already:
- rice cakes (I actually like them )
- mandarin oranges and apples
- peas (I make myself a half a cup, I love them!)
I'm a huge snacker, and this was one of my big changes I had to make. For me, with work especially, I would find myself "stuck" at work hungry with the only available snack bring ice cream. Here's some of the stuff I snack on now:
- Fruit (apples, bananas, a handful of berries, oranges, pears, watermelon, those packs of precut mixes from the produce department, pretty much whatever you like)
- Veggies (baby carrots, celery sticks, and peas are my favorites)
- Jello cups, either actual jello or jello sugar free pudding
- Unsalted nuts (a small handful)
- Unsalted trail mix (read the backs before you buy to make sure you're getting healthy ones and pre-portion a handful)
- Dried fruit (banana chips, apple chips, craisins)
- Cheese (unprocessed, again portioned, a couple slices or a handful of cubes)
Also, for days you "need" some junk food - I think we all have them, and I find it's easier to stick to weight loss if I can indulge - I rely a lot on the 100 calorie type packs out there. Baked chips, the small packs of cookies, and the ice cream options out there - I particularly love the little drumsticks that are only 130 calories each, Skinny Cow fudge bars, or Dibs that you can just grab a handful and put them in a bowl. I can get away with like 3 Dibs, which is maybe 50 calories, but because they're all chocolatey and smooth ice cream they are satisfying enough to end a major craving.