how are you doing?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2010, 08:52 AM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its the middle of the first week! How are you doing?

So far so good for me, but I am having a tough time wanting to exercise today. I have exercised 3 times so far this week and felt great so I am hoping this helps me get on the elliptical today. I had such bad cravings for junk yesterday it was awful. But I made it with very little detour from the healthy path.
January 7th, 2010, 09:14 AM
sarastar512's Avatar Super Mommy
I am getting soooo frustrated!!!! The first 22lbs of my post pregnancy weight just fell off and now, nothing in over a week. I've been at the gym 4-5 times per week and eating super healthy...what gives??! Not even 1lb off??? How is that even possible if i go from literally sitting all day and eating crap to working out and eating healthy? I should be losing at least 1lb per week. I am in a rotten mood. My scale said i gained!!!!

January 7th, 2010, 09:53 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sara - sorry you're having a rough week. Could you be overdoing it?

I'm keeping on track so far. I don't want to run tonight but am going to make myself! Been doing well with the eating and drinking a ton of water, I just hope I can keep it up!
January 7th, 2010, 09:58 AM
4boys
Sara -- I know it's frustrating. The same thing happened to me after my last two babies. But just give it some time and it'll come off.

I'm doing ok. I'm keeping up with exercise and my eating isn't too bad. I need to use my elliptical today to make up for not working out last night. DH had friends over and I wasn't going to exercise with people in the house! So I'm going to try and do that after lunch. My scale isn't budging either. Sometimes it teases me and I see 141 but I seem to really be stuck at 142-143 and it's really annoying. I think I have weighed the same thing for nearly 6 months or so. I go up and down between 140-144 but never see lower.
January 7th, 2010, 10:09 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sara, maybe you're gaining some muscle? Don't fret too much, give it another week and see if anything drops off.

I'm doing really well so far. I overslept today (!) so no workout but otherwise, I've exercised every morning this week, been eating really well, drinking more water, etc. Tonight and tomorrow are my big challenges so far with it being my birthday. I'm going to try not to overdo it!

January 7th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am trying not to look at the scale until next week, using the scale as a meter never works I always get frustrated.
Working out has been going well and being back at work has kept me from eating too much crap.
Doing great on the late night snacking, although last night was a bad night.
January 7th, 2010, 11:09 AM
sarastar512's Avatar Super Mommy
my husband said maybe i'm gaining muscle too but its still frustrating. I'm def not over doing it, just back to my old work out routine. I always listen to my body and i'm not super achey or crabby or over tired so I'm doing a good, solid work out and eating enough.

I'll see in another week. Everything looks like its shrinking, just not the # on the scale and i cant fit into any of my old pants.

January 7th, 2010, 11:13 AM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You guys are doing awesome! Don't worry about it Sara I know it sucks when nothing changes. When that happens I try to stay away from the scale so that I don't get discouraged. Next week will rock for you!

Good luck Amanda. That is the hardest part for me, when we all get together or there is a cake insight. LOL
January 7th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing well with the exercise. I'm on Day 11 of the 12 week Biggest Loser for Wii program. It selects workouts for me and they're gradually getting more difficult. I love it!

The eating on the other hand...I'm still eating too many sweets. But I'm trying to do a little better every day.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
January 8th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Sara- You're body's probably just in panic mode right now. It's totally normal to plateau until your body "catches" up, so to speak.

This week has been tough, because we're all getting over being super sick and trying to get back into our normal routine. Getting up early to work out has not happened. I'm determined to get back into it, but this week was the wrong week for me to try. I recognized that on Tuesday and decided I wasn't going to push myself, but every time I mention it to DH, I get the "uh-huh, sure you will" look and attitude (because the deal is, if I'm doing it he's doing it.) He'll be in for a surprise next week because I WILL!
January 9th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Theo View Post
I recognized that on Tuesday and decided I wasn't going to push myself, but every time I mention it to DH, I get the "uh-huh, sure you will" look and attitude (because the deal is, if I'm doing it he's doing it.) He'll be in for a surprise next week because I WILL!

Go Kim!!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search