Wii

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Who has one? Do you use it?

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
January 8th, 2010, 10:00 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
I have one. I don't have the Wii Fit or the Jillian Michaels workouts or anything though. Wish I did! I just have the Wii Sports, which is kind of fun - except that they test you on your ability to swing a bat, which I couldn't do if you paid me. So my Wii age on that one is 84!
January 8th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you look good for your age, Jilly! lol.

January 8th, 2010, 11:22 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have the Wii Fit and it's my scale. I see it every morning! I have the Wii Active game too, which I liked but the upper body stuff wasn't hard enough.

Has anyone else found games they like?
January 8th, 2010, 12:12 PM
4boys
We don't have one but friends of ours do and I've played with Wii Fit a little bit. Honestly I didn't find it all that great. Seems there isn't much cardio and actual work outs on there, just lots of balance exercises, a bit of strength stuff and yoga, which I don't do. But there are more options now so maybe some of the other games are better. Games? Can I call them that?
January 8th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Biggest Loser for Wii is SOOOOO much better than Wii Fit!! I've been doing it for almost 2 weeks now and I love it. Can't wait to see the results.

Andrea bought it today and we're going to do it together! I'm excited!

January 8th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
I've heard NO good things about the Jillian Michaels game (just FYI) her DVD's are supposed to be awesome though.

My biggest turn off from Wii Fit is it's not multi-player, so DH and I can't do it together. I'd like to try wii active, and I'm curious about the Jenny McCarthy one too...
January 9th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Theo View Post
I've heard NO good things about the Jillian Michaels game (just FYI) her DVD's are supposed to be awesome though.

My biggest turn off from Wii Fit is it's not multi-player, so DH and I can't do it together. I'd like to try wii active, and I'm curious about the Jenny McCarthy one too...

Jillian Michael's first Wii game kind of sucked. I think we only played it once. Her DVDs are really good though. I have the 30 Day Shred and was thinking about incorporating it into my routine again.

IMO Wii Fit is more of a game than a workout. I've never tried Wii Active though, and the Jenny McCarthy one does look interesting! Still in love with my Biggest Loser for Wii after 13 days, though! It's really like having a personal trainer.

And Kim, Wii Fit Plus is Multi-player. And in Biggest Loser for Wii, you can compete against friends and family members in challenges and weigh-ins.

January 10th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Good to know Kelli, Thanks! I'm gonna see what Jason thinks about getting the BL game. I know he lost a bit of weight doing the yoga (of all things, lol) on Wii fit. We both used it for the workout portions, and then we'd play games afterwards.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search