Exercise and Nutrition Journal (*gulp*)

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
I brought home 2 exercise and nutrition journals from work Friday (my company makes notebooks and this is one of their specialty books) It's totally intimidating. I can eat well, I can work out, but it's hard for me to do both. So I'm hoping this keeps me accountable.

Has anyone done a journal before? Any tips? Did it help?

I actually really like the layout of it, but I have no idea how many calories are in things, so I'm not sure how I'm going to track that. But I'm starting tomorrow, so wish me luck!
January 10th, 2010, 08:55 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
I've journaled but for calories only, not exercise. It's not too bad - you'll start to get a sense of how many calories are in what stuff after a week or so.

Use the hand rule - your thumb is a tbsp, the palm of your hand is 4oz - etc. It really helped me!
January 10th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I started journaling in October and then got off track. Trying to get into it again. I do kind of keep track on the Biggest Loser for Wii. It has you estimate your calories for the day.

I do think it helps keep me accountable! But sometimes if I mess up I'm like "Jeez...I can't write THAT in there!" so I just don't write my food down.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
January 10th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Kelly- That's the thing. I'm worried I'm not going to be totally honest, and then what's the point? The only one I'm lying to is myself.
January 10th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kim. that journal sounds awesome. If there is somewhere i can buy one let me know.
You are right it only works if you are honest. But that also is the same with any diet I think. You need to know you are going to cheat or slack and not write things down, but that you need to go back to it.
There are some reasonably priced books out there that list the calories in things. i have one from Calorie King that is pretty useful
January 11th, 2010, 05:11 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can use fitday, calorieking or other .com's to look up calorie counts. Try using it without worrying about calories for a few days... I bet just writing it down will help to influence you making better choices.

I've done them before but prefer to do it online (since I spend most of the day on a computer), but was actually thinking writing it down this time and worrying less about the numbers might work. Maybe I'll make a trip to the bookstore at lunch!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search