Well, here i am....

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2010, 11:56 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
and it sucks. I hate hate hate dieting, i hate working out, i hate it all!

But i desperately need to. I have yet to get back to my prepreggo weight, which by this time with Mac, i was there. But this time i am having the hardest time, and i know why. BREASTFEEDING.
Its killing me. Im hungry all day long, nothing fills me up, ever. I finish everything on my plate, which for the life of me, i cant remember EVER doing in my life. Ive always been a light eater. Now i want to eat all day long. ive tried eating healthier, but it doesnt seem to be making any difference. I am drinking mostly water, and alot of it. I just joined the gym ( dhs work pays for it) but i never have time to go becuase the daycare at the gym wont take babies under 6 months, and i have noone to watch the kids for me so i can go, it closes at 9pm ( dumb) and thats usually my first chance at downtime each day, so its useless until Charlie is a little older ( i might lie at 4 months and say he is 6 months, lol, how will they know, charlies a chunker anyways, haha)

today i started doing some simple exercises at home. but i just feel like none of it matters since i have to eat like 1800 calories a day just to help keep my supply and energy up.

im feeling so incredibly down about my weight, my PP body and just my look overall. I feel like motherhood has aged me about 10 years in just 2 years. Its not fair.

i have 3 weddings this summer, and im determined to look fantastic at them. i want to get a sexy dress. My goal is to not get, "you look great for having 2 kids", but just "you look great!" i have 10-15lbs to lose, since it seems to fluctuate everyday anyways, i dont know why i even bother weighing myself. One day its 146, the next its 152...literally the next day. I dont know how i can just 6 lbs in one day, and then go back down the next. sigh.

yesterday i went to target, and they had all their new years dresses on clearance, so i decided to try some on, in hopes maybe one would look great and i would buy it for the weddings. Well they would have looked adorable, if i was 5 months pregnant still, but being as im 8 weeks PP, i just looked like a fat mess.

thanks for letting me vent. Im ready to lose this weight!
January 13th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You will get there. Try finding some healthy snacks that keep you satified, and don't get yourself down to much. You have time and it will happen if you don't give up. Keep exercising and keep positive.
January 13th, 2010, 12:43 PM
4boys
Welcome Shannon! Believe me, I know the frustration! You've gone and had TWO babies in the time I've been trying to lose the weight from one, so don't feel too bad about it!

I think you just need to relax and be patient. Give it time. Especially since you are breastfeeding, you need to keep up your supply and not eat too little. If you are hungry, that's probably a sign that you need food. Just try to make healthy choices and don't stress too much. Charlie isn't that old!

Is there any way you can exercise at home? Do you have $15 to spend on a workout video? Or better yet, go to exercisetv.com and do a free one. There are lots there. Even doing 15 min. a day will make a difference.

I don't have much advice other than that. But I know exactly how you feel and in my experience, the best thing to do is to keep trying and be patient. I know that is very hard! I still have problems with it!
January 13th, 2010, 12:53 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the group!! We understand completely how you are feeling so come and vent anytime! We all hate every part of this adventure too(why most of us are here still after just one baby ) I would keep eating the way you are and just throw in atleast a 30 minute workout or 2 15 minute workouts to start! I am sure with no time your weight will shed itself!!
January 13th, 2010, 02:42 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww Shannon, we totally understand what you're feeling. I'm still trying to lose from being preggo with Leah, so really, don't get too down on yourself!

I would definitely recommend an exercise video/DVD. I don't have extra money to join a gym so I am all about workout DVDs and finding ways to be active at home for free. Kelly just started a thread about them, if you want some ideas.

You'll get there, just do what you can. It's a process!

January 13th, 2010, 03:12 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Babe! Try not to be so hard on yourself - you are totally NOT the first person to go through this.

You aren't dieting. You're losing weight. Dieting implies that there's an end and that you're doing things that are horrible. Losing weight means that you shifted some stuff around in your life and oh look - your jeans are looser! Ta-da!

Seriously, though, it's totally do-able. You don't have a ton of weight to lose and that seems to make it harder (it does for me, anyway.)

Here are the tricks I used to get my weight loss rolling after Jack was born. I didn't have a gym membership and I didn't do any special workouts.

- no white stuff (no rice, no pasta, no bread, no potatoes.) This is hard when you have a toddler who loves that stuff, but it works. It also means that when you do actually have a plate of lasagne, you will seriously feel like you're in heaven.
- read all your labels - don't eat anything that says it's "enriched".
- avoid anything with more than 100 calories per serving.
- make some sexy salads - feel free to top with bacon bits, cheese, croutons, and whatever dressing you like. Just make a huge bowl of super good salad, pig out and eat all you like of it, and leave it at that.
- break up with cheese, sour cream, peanut butter, regular butter, margarine, oils (except for olive oil in small amounts)
- use Pam instead of oil when you're cooking. It makes a huge difference in the number of calories you take in.
- avoid red meats where you can
- eat fish and chicken, and turkey is even better
- park far away from the door when you go to the store
- take the kids for a walk 2-3 times a week

You can totally do this! Your poor bod is recovering from a very busy couple of years, so even though it's so hard it's worth it to be patient.

Lots of hugs to you babe. You're going to look so amazing this summer! I am excited for you!

** ETA: I forgot! Did your doc tell you that you HAVE to take in 1800 cals a day or your supply will suffer? Nobody gave me a number I had to meet for cals when I was pumping, so I just ate when I was hungry, and I actually had oversupply issues. If you have to take in 1800 cals, just make sure they're good calories, and you'll do fine.

Last edited by jillylicious; January 13th, 2010 at 03:16 PM.
January 13th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome, girlie! Try not to be too hard on your body...it's only been 8 weeks. You know what they say...it took 9 months to gain the weight, it'll take some time to get it off again.

And it's WINTER. It'll be so much easier once Spring gets here and you can get those babies out into the sunshine!

I do feel your pain with the BFing. I've been ravenous for almost 2 years now. I really wonder if when Logan stops BFing if I'll finally drop that last 10 lbs or so.

All you can do is eat the best you can, and work out when you get the chance. And the girls are right...break your workouts up. Do some jumping jacks during commercials when you watch tv. Just a little bit here and there adds up and it revs up your metabolism.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
January 13th, 2010, 04:01 PM
4boys
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlimama05 View Post
I do feel your pain with the BFing. I've been ravenous for almost 2 years now. I really wonder if when Logan stops BFing if I'll finally drop that last 10 lbs or so.
I can't speak from experience but I have heard that this is the case with MANY women -- they drop the last ten or fifteen pounds once they wean. Apparently the body likes to hold on to fat stores while nursing so this could very well be the case.
January 13th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys View Post
I can't speak from experience but I have heard that this is the case with MANY women -- they drop the last ten or fifteen pounds once they wean. Apparently the body likes to hold on to fat stores while nursing so this could very well be the case.
That would be soooo wonderful. I'm so sick of the belly pooch! I just grab at it sometimes and get so disgusted.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search