question

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2010, 10:01 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay Ladies, My question for you is probably something that I should be asking a doctor or a nutritionist but I am going to see what you ladies think.

I have reviewed calorie counters--what they claim someone of my height should be eating to lose weight in an appropriate fashion. However, it starts at 1100-1380 calories and goes down as I lose weight, obviously. Now the question is everything I have read says that I shouldn't eat less than 1200-1400 calories, What should I do? That is the recommend amount of calories that I should eat to maintain my weight.

ugh sometimes being tiny and having a small number for you weight is really annoying. I have realized that it takes me 42 mins to burn 300 calories on the elliptical. therefore to burn the recommend 500 calories a day I have to work out for an hour and a half a day. (a little less if I am doing weight training) It was a large reality check for me when I started putting numbers in to numbers out today!

Thanks for reading ladies--any advice would be great!
January 19th, 2010, 10:25 PM
4boys
Honestly I don't know. I have read in many places that women shouldn't eat less than 1200, but I am the same way in that my recommended calorie intake for weight loss gets pretty close to that.

Do you have any past experience you can draw from? Have you lost weight in the past eating more than what it says you should?

My hunch is that because you are so tiny, you are probably the exception to the rule about no less than 1200 cals. Maybe for the average person, less than 1200 is not good, but perhaps you don't apply.

And maybe someone else will know more about this than I do!!
January 20th, 2010, 04:29 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gosh, I'm not sure either. I feel like I read something different everywhere I look too. Erin has a good idea about thinking of past experience and what works for your body. Or you could try asking the ladies on the Weightloss board. Tonya, one of the co-hosts, is a personal trainer so she might have some better tips.

January 20th, 2010, 07:02 AM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I was wondering the same thing. If Being as I am so short that it wouldn't matter. I will go ask the ladies in the weight loss board! I will let you know what she suggest.
January 20th, 2010, 07:16 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
I'm with Erin - I bet you're an exception to the rule. Every weightloss guideline is a guideline - you can fine tune and tweak it to work for your individual body. KUP!
January 20th, 2010, 09:22 AM
4boys
That's a great idea, Tonya knows everything!
January 20th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
I wouldn't know what to tell you either, but I do know that it's frustrating when you start doing the math. I hope you get your answer!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search