In a Funk/Rut

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2010, 06:17 PM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay... little rant/feel sorry for myself fest here. Thanks in advance for reading

This week has sucked. My motivation is gone and I don't know if it's because of a MINOR weight gain last week, or hormones (AF should be here any day) or a combination of both.

I was supposed to run yesterday but didn't so I could actually spend time with my famikly. Was supposed to run 3 miles tonight but only got two in before I had to swap and take over Cooper duty. So instead of feeling totallyh sorry for myself I did 30 Day Shred 2 and about 10 minutes of yoga.

I haven't been eating great (not that poorly either) and have not been drinking near enough water.

I hate how much of a mental game this is. Maybe I need to focus on something besides my weight... I beat myself up based on the number on the scale and tend to forget the fact that I'm stronger than I realize.

Sorry for the pity party.

Thanks for your support ladies.
January 20th, 2010, 07:06 PM
4boys
I soooooo hear you. ((hugs)) It often helps me to focus on something else for awhile and then come back to weight loss later when I'm not so obsessive anymore. Usually that means putting the scale away for a few weeks.
January 20th, 2010, 07:15 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Aww, babe. I totally know what you mean. Since we made up our minds to sell my habits have been the last thing on my mind. It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking "I have to do exactly this, or else I won't succeed!" and then life gets in the way, and we feel like we're failing.

You are kicking butt on so many levels - I know it's easier said than done, but maybe try to remind yourself of the good habits and efforts you maintain without even realizing it now. You're really doing great! Don't forget!
January 21st, 2010, 09:50 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Hugs hon!! We have ALL been there, many times I'm sure. It is a total mental game and the trick is remembering that this isn't about sticking to a set of rules, it's about changing the way you live. Life happens, and that's OK if you've got the groundwork in place and don't let it knock you off completely... Just get back at it and you'll be fine!!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
January 21st, 2010, 04:14 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Meagan, I used to have the same issues. I don't focus on weight at all now. I was weighed at the doctor's office a few weeks ago, and I'll be weighed when I go back next week, but I haven't stepped on the scale since then. It's actually really nice, because it used to be part of my morning routine: Get up, pee, step on the scale, brush my teeth.
Focusing on HOW I feel and look is so much more motivating then whether or not the scale is moving and why.

I say break up with your wii, and you're going to see results a lot faster!
January 22nd, 2010, 05:13 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
But Kim... breakups are so hard

You are probably right... maybe I do need a break from focusing on my weight. After all it's just one piece of the equation. My weight doesn't say anything about the fact that I can run 5 miles, or do push ups and sit ups.

I'll weigh in on Monday's (maybe) but will take a step back and see if focusing on something else helps.

Thank you ALL for your advice and encouragement!
January 24th, 2010, 06:03 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Yeah Meagan you are so healthy - you can run a million miles and are so FIT!! That is realllly what's important because it's those muscles like your heart and lungs that keep you healthy for you and your kids...not the thigh fat

I think what's helping me (besides the fact that this is my first week and obviously that is the easiest) is thinking of it on a month to month basis...since I am TTC I know that if I do I can eat pretty normally next month...i dunno - it's kind of like a short term goal type thing instead of focusing on the WHOLE picture, which can definitely get me down.

Anywayyyyy - we're here if you need to vent!!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search