How have you kicked butt this week?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2010, 07:29 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
I know you're doing awesome! How have you kicked butt this week? Let's inspire each other!
January 23rd, 2010, 07:41 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I didn't do perfectly with all my travel and meetings this week, but I had a lot of little wins... I dodged the candy on the tables altogether, used the baked potato bar to make a kick butt salad bar instead, and really limited myself during the ice cream samplings. The first day, I found there was so much I wanted to try...so instead of eating one of everything, I took one bite and then threw it away (or shared the cup with one of my coworkers who was doing the same thing, LOL) so I could try something else. The second day, I chose my favorite - a 120 calorie mini cone - and just ate it, then spent the rest of the half hour taking pictures instead of eating like everyone around me. I'm not a calorie counter, but each sampling easily could have been a 1500 calorie affair, so I am REALLY proud of my restraint even if I did eat a little bit more than I set out to.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
January 23rd, 2010, 10:43 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely haven't kicked butt as much as I liked but I am lacing up my shoes to go for a 6 mile run... I hope I live to tell about it
January 23rd, 2010, 10:49 AM
4boys
Oooh, I have NOT kicked butt this week. Not at all.
January 23rd, 2010, 03:11 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's been a REALLY non-productive week here too, but I did throw out half a donut at work after being disgusted with myself that I even gave in and had some.

January 23rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Kel - I have to ask what your job is?? It sounds...delicious

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
January 23rd, 2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellersMom517 View Post
Kel - I have to ask what your job is?? It sounds...delicious
I'm an admin assistant for Nestle's ice cream division. Every January we come out with the year's new items, and we have a big rally to introduce them all and sample them. So yes, it is delicious, though not very helpful on the weight management front My second rally, I was like 3 months pregnant with Eric and was still lactose intolerant...OMG, my heart was breaking! I went ahead and tried like one thing, and it made me sick

Thankfully, Skinny Cow is a brand of ours so when I do go grab something, I have some good options to choose from that aren't terrible for calorie count. We are coming out with Skinny Cow ice cream cups this year, like 140 calories a cup, and the caramel cone and fudge brownie ones rock!

January 23rd, 2010, 07:47 PM
4boys
You know, it is really useful that you can share that info with us, Kel!!! At least we'll know what to look for when we get a craving!
January 24th, 2010, 05:58 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
yes, oh goodness!! That sounds great!

By the way, the way I kicked butt was: I went to a big birthday party that was catered at a restaurant and I did awesome! Well, mostly awesome. I had a small breakfast and a filling lunch so I wasn't starving.

I did drink, but I drank vodka/clubsoda/lime so it wasnt many calories
There was all bar food like wings, pizza, poppers, fried rice balls..so good - so I had 1 small piece of VEGGIE pizza and a few other things that would fit onto a small salad plate. ANd that was it!! Yay!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
January 25th, 2010, 06:11 AM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome job Emily!! Wish I had the same will power this weekend
January 25th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Awesome will power, Emily!!

January 27th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
I kicked butt by recognizing this is not the week to kick butt, lol! I'm taking this week off because I need to for my sanity. And I'm not mad at myself for indulging. Before, I would have felt like I'd completely derailed my progress and given up, so I'm really proud of myself for giving my self permission to slack off. I'll be making up for it come Monday morning!
January 28th, 2010, 08:58 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Theo View Post
I kicked butt by recognizing this is not the week to kick butt, lol! I'm taking this week off because I need to for my sanity. And I'm not mad at myself for indulging. Before, I would have felt like I'd completely derailed my progress and given up, so I'm really proud of myself for giving my self permission to slack off. I'll be making up for it come Monday morning!
Ya know, I think that's a great point right there. Sometimes we stress ourselves out too much, and it's OK to just sit back and take a breather and focus on something else. Good for you for recognizing that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search