Monday check in :)

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2010, 07:21 AM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So after a ton of research I am starting a new calorie diet

I am trying a zig-zag method and will be eating between 900 and 1400 calories to start depending on the day. As I lose weight it will drop. I am going to take a few extra vitamins to make sure I am not lacking in nutrients.

I took my measurements this morning and they were horrific.

Weight-116.4lbs (awful weekend and AF is in town)
Waist- 32"
Hips-34.5"
Thighs-22"
Butt-38"
Neck-13.5"
Chest-34"
Arms-10.5"

I will weigh in and check my measurements every 2 weeks!

How about you ladies how are we doing this Monday?
January 25th, 2010, 08:20 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need to do my measurements.

So I broke up with my daily weigh in's and will be weighing myself once a week. I am up overall (by 0.4 pounds from my starting weight) but down from where I was earlier last week.

I kicked butt at cardio work between running and a spin class.

I just picked up a food/fitness journal and am going back to old school jorunaling to see how it helps.

I had a great run with my personal trainer and we talked a lot about body image issues, and the overall picture. I need to get more strength training in and am going to start thinking about that.

We'll see how this goes.

I was super excited to see that this month I have run 56 miles! And I still have a week to go!
January 25th, 2010, 08:22 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Sara, I have zigzagged in the past and it worked for me! I hope you get good results!

This past week was awesome weight-wise. I hit 125! I think it's because we cleaned allllllllll weekend and hardly ate. Yesterday afternoon we treated ourselves to burgers & shakes for all our hard work, so this morning I was back up to 126. But, I was maintaining at 125 for about 3-4 days, so I think it's water weight from all the sodium. I'm looking forward to seeing 125 again!
January 25th, 2010, 09:12 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Well, I knew last week wasn't going to be banner, but I got through! I'm "up" to 160.8 this morning... a whopping 0.4 pound increase. Considering EVERYTHING I had going last week, I count that a massive win. I actually did a check in about mid-week and saw a number below 160, but I knew it wasn't sustainable. I'm hoping I can get back into rhythm with the gym in the morning, and am confident of my diet choices this week...really and seriously hoping to see something int he 150's soon!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
January 25th, 2010, 09:43 AM
way to go ladies!! Thanks Jilly for the encouragement- I am really hoping to see some results with dropping my calories and zig-zagging them.

WTG ladies!! Meagan 56 miles of running in the month is wonderful -Jilly, 125 is simply amazing and you are inspiring us all--as well are you Kel with dropping and maintaining during tough weeks!!!
January 25th, 2010, 10:34 AM
sarastar512's Avatar Super Mommy
I weighed 123lbs this morning so i think i've lost another 1lb and 1/2 this week!! I cant wait to get under 120lbs. and to get my flabby stomach toned again.

January 25th, 2010, 11:14 AM
4boys
I'm holding steady at 141 and I honestly don't know how. I lost 2 lbs for no reason at all. I didn't exercise at ALL last week because I was busy with a lot of other stuff. And my eating really hasn't been that great...I don't think.
January 25th, 2010, 12:45 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Wow - sounds like everyone had a pretty good week!!! Now, there is so frikken way I am saying my weight outloud

But I will say that I have lost 5 POUNDS in 6 DAYS!! It's really my first week dieting (I started last Tuesday) so that is why, and I'm sure it will decrease to 2-3 lbs a week if I really stick to it. But I am very happy! Next week I start really incoporating daily exercise - I think I am going to do a pre-natal workout video that focuses on core strength for pregnancy and delivery...and walking.

SO...confession time. I ate 3 big spoonfuls of cookie dough today. Ok, it's out, im done - I threw the rest away!! whew!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
January 26th, 2010, 08:57 AM
wahoo wtg Emily! Keep up the good work!!
January 27th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
I've had a lot of crazy things going on this week, so I decided to take the week off. BUT I did sign up for a Biggest Looser competition at work. I'm not intending to win, because there are a lot of people that have way further to go than I do, but I'm excited to have to be held accountable to someone IRL. I got weighed in at the doctor and I'm down a total of 6 lbs from my appointment in December, so that was awesome!

Monday morning, I start day 1 of 30DS (again) and I plan to do at least 5 days a week, if not all 30 days, just to see how it goes. I can do it for 30 days, right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search