February 1 check-in

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2010, 04:56 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Another Monday....

How did you do last week?
What worked for you?
What didn't work?
What will you change this coming week?

I rocked it last week! I am so happy to finally have a good week! As I mentioned last week I broke up with my scale which I think really helped me mentally. I did cheat and weighed myself once in the middle of the week but this week I think I can hold strong.

What worked - old school journaling. I've tried the online journals before but they only work while I'm at work because I hate logging in at home and on the weekends. I love the journal I got and it definitely helped keep me on track last week.

What didn't work - getting sick, out of my control, but it caused me to miss two runs... oh well!

What will I change this week - try to quit munching on the food that Cooper doesn't eat. Continue to be mindful of my eating habits and keeping up with the workouts.

Last weeks weight: 135.4
Today: 132.1
Goal: 130
Ultimate Goal: 125
February 1st, 2010, 05:53 AM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
How did you do last week? AWESOME - I am sooooo motivated right now it's not even funny!!!

What worked for you? Kicking chocolate. LOL And cutting back my portions. It's amazing but cutting back my portions for like 3 days and suddenly I'm not wanting to eat everything in sight! I've been trying to live by the "only eat when you're hungry" and "eat things found in nature" examples. So, yeah, so far that's working out great!!

What didn't work? The weather. LOL I was DYING to go to the gym on Saturday but we were stuck here at the house.

What will you change this coming week? Hmm... I'm going to do a little more core stuff here at home. I'm already doing a kettle bell routine at home 3 times/week so I'm going to add a few core moves.
February 1st, 2010, 07:10 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Holy cow, Meag! What a big loss! Good for you!

How did you do last week? I was fine until Saturday - maintained at 125 all week long, then Sunday was ugly with chili for lunch and a mysterious tube of cookie dough that appeared in the fridge. I was 127 this morning - crap.

What worked for you? Listening to my body's hunger cues. I have a tendency to eat cause it's mealtime, not cause I'm hungry.

What didn't work? Um, cookie dough.

What will you change this coming week? Paying closer attention to my body and seeking successes in other ways. I have only got 5-6 lbs to go to my ultimate final all time goal and as it is right now, I am pretty okay with how I look in a bikini. Going to be riding a bunch here before I sell my horse too so I'm hoping that does a little more toning on the core.
February 1st, 2010, 01:15 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This week rocked for me. I started using myfitnesspal and using a journal when I wasn't able to log on. I started eating between 1000 and 1200 calories and I worked out 3 times this week. With a great result.

I began the week at 116.4
and weighed in this morning at 113.8

Goals for this week are to stay on top of my calories and work out 4-5 times this week because this weekend is going to be the most challenging weekend ever. Saturday we already had plans to go out to eat and to a hockey game with friends (great bar food and beers) I haven't decided on how I am going to approach this. Whether or not I will drink or eat anything or if I will stay on the elliptical for as many calories as I plan to drink that morning.

Then there is Sunday. A birthday party and a super bowl party. EEEKS!

I give myself one free day so i will weigh in on Friday instead of Monday next week..LOL

WTG ladies!
February 1st, 2010, 01:45 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
WOW, there are some awesome weeks going on here!!

I'm sorry to say I'm not one of them, ha! I had a t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e week and am now sitting back up at 162.0, like a pound and a half UP instead of down below 160 like I was hoping. Ah well, that'll kick start my motivation again, right? I think what happened is I had an iffy week the week before and still had a loss, so I got too comfortable and made some poor choices. I got to the gym this morning and I WILL do better this week!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
February 1st, 2010, 03:03 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
I took last week off, and I'm so glad I allowed myself that break. I know I was only 3weeks in at that point, but I had a lot of really bad things to deal with IRL, so I NEEDED it. I'm totally focused and back on track this week.

Today is the first day of the biggest looser contest at work. We weighed in Friday and I paid my $20 entrance fee today. If I reach my goal of 20# in 9 weeks, I will have lost 12% of my body fat. I think I'd have a definite shot at claiming that $200, and it will all go to new clothes (not that you can get much with $200, but I NEVER go shopping for me!) My eyes are totally on the prize!!!
February 1st, 2010, 05:23 PM
sarastar512's Avatar Super Mommy
Weighed in at my 6 week postpartum appt at 121lbs!

How did you do last week? Really good but hate that i can only go to the gym 3 days per week.

What worked for you? Increasing resistance on elliptical and running more miles at a faster pace on treadmill

What will you change this coming week? pretty happy with how its all going so far but i am counting down the days until winter is over!

February 1st, 2010, 06:34 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did you do last week?
Great! I lost 2 pounds!!!

What worked for you?
30 Day Shred. I LOVE it. Not only did it give me a great workout, leaving me feeling a bit sore but after doing it, I had the motivation to eat well and NOT screw it up the rest of the day! And chugging water when I thought I was hungry for a snack - totally helped.

What didn't work?
A visit from my mom & sister this weekend. I love them and am glad they're here, but yeah, my routine gets thrown right out of whack and my mom has treated us to meals out.

What will you change this coming week?
Keeping better track of food through myfitnesspal.com. I really like the site and the features but I have to remember to keep at it.

February 3rd, 2010, 09:03 AM
I just had to update! Weighed myself this AM after 2 days of Norwalk virus - down 3lbs to 124.8. I know it's due to me feeling icky and being sick but hey, I'll take it!
February 3rd, 2010, 12:30 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
I did terrible this week - up .6 from my 5.2 lb loss last week Too many dinners with friends last week!! ARGH!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
February 3rd, 2010, 01:38 PM
Still, Em - 5lbs! holy moley! WTG!
February 3rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Oh Emily, after that much of a loss in ONE WEEK you've got to expect a little bit of bounce back. That is one INCREDIBLE week and you'll be on track no worries

Jill, I totally took my strep throat weight loss to the bank too

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
February 3rd, 2010, 01:53 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Jill you wanna come over and cough on me? LOL

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search