For those of you with boys...

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2010, 03:32 AM
Jaime
With both of my girls, by this time I had gained atleast 8-10 pounds. My face, legs, arms, everything looked larger. This time however, it's just in my belly and I have gained no weight so far . In fact, I'm down one pound.

I'm kinda feeling boy this time around... maybe wishful thinking. I'm counting down the days, lol...9 more days!

Just curious how you carried... was it all in your belly? By 16 weeks or so (second trimester) had you gained much weight?

Thank you Julka for my siggy!
February 2nd, 2010, 03:36 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
To be honest, I didn't gain much weight or show much with either of my boys. With Eric, a part of that was because I had horrible morning sickness... I think I gained maybe 2 pounds total the first half, and then skyrocketed from there to gain like 25-30 total. I don't remember what the distribution was. Danny I gained about 15 in a more even, slow gain... My boobs were first, then my belly. I think it's more just dependent on how active you are and how well you eat over what the gender of the baby is, though.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
February 2nd, 2010, 03:46 AM
Jaime
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsong View Post
To be honest, I didn't gain much weight or show much with either of my boys. With Eric, a part of that was because I had horrible morning sickness... I think I gained maybe 2 pounds total the first half, and then skyrocketed from there to gain like 25-30 total. I don't remember what the distribution was. Danny I gained about 15 in a more even, slow gain... My boobs were first, then my belly. I think it's more just dependent on how active you are and how well you eat over what the gender of the baby is, though.
Very true, Kel. I had morning sickness with all three, but I'm definitely more active this time around... chasing a toddler, lol.

February 2nd, 2010, 05:46 AM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
I gained with Brennan right away...not so with Jamison.

I was not sick at all with Brennan...not so with Jamison.

I carried high and out in front with Brennan....completely opposite with Jamison.

I had very different pregnancies and both ended up being boys -- so you just never know!! Here is the pic I posted while I was preg so you can see the difference:

February 2nd, 2010, 05:52 AM
IBake2Boys+1Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via MSN to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Yahoo to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Skype™ to IBake2Boys+1Girl
Jaime, I carried so differently with my boys! However, I turned out to be smaller with Emma than with any of my pregnancies!
With Ethan @ 36 weeks

With Patrick @ 36 weeks

With Emma @ 37 weeks

I personally think that you're having a boy this time around and I'm SO excited for you!!

Marie {mom to}
Ethan (7), Patrick (4), Emma (2)
Happily Married to Nathan (4.28.07)
February 2nd, 2010, 06:09 AM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
Boy! Boy! Boy!

Very possible hon, especially since you feel so different about this pregnancy. I mean, I know all pregnancies are different but I also know that a majority of women experience similar things with a boy/girl pregnancy.

I was ALL BELLY until I was 30 weeks and after that I packed on the pounds, but just because I had back pain so bad I couldn't move.

Can't wait for your U/S!! Would be so awesome for you to have a boy!! I mean a girl would be great too, but I have a soft spot for boys, LOL
February 2nd, 2010, 06:54 AM
.:Stace:.'s Avatar .:Stace:.
Send a message via MSN to .:Stace:.
It sounds like a boy to me! I was all belly ... nothing else!
Here I am ... at 37 weeks in labour .... as you can see ... all tummy!
I also didn't start gaining weight till around 25 weeks ...

February 2nd, 2010, 06:56 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
i carried different with my 2, Mac was low and charlie was high. With both pregnancies though people assumed boy with how i carried, both times it was just all belly. I only gained 20lbs each pregnancy.
ON my Due date with both kids
ETA-- i just realized i didnt need to labels whose pic was whose, since im standing in front of their cribs, lol
mackenzie

charlie

Last edited by dream2bemommy22; February 2nd, 2010 at 06:58 AM.
February 2nd, 2010, 07:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't start gaining much until probably 20+ weeks. But then I piled it on!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
February 2nd, 2010, 07:31 AM
Jaime
Ali you definitely carried a lot lower with your second. I carried Averi very low like that. I think Eden was a little higher. I'm going to do better with taking belly pics this time around.

I think I'm going to be smaller with my third too, Marie. I've always heard the opposite though... that subsequent pregnancies you're usually larger.

Stace you are all belly... but you're so tiny anyway

Yeah I can definitely see the difference between Mac and Charlie!

I hope you girls are right with your intuition! But of course I'll be happy either way

February 2nd, 2010, 08:48 PM
KandA0418's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i'm carrying MUCH differently!!! and i'm having the opposite sex so i HOPE HOPE HOPE this is a boy for you

[/URL]
February 3rd, 2010, 04:29 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Good luck hun! As for me, I honestly had such different pregnancies with each of my babies. I swore up until Julia was born that she was a boy, LOL... I was just convinced because of how different the pregnancy was and how different I was carrying. This time around, I'm not really seeing a huge difference, but we will see as I progress.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 6th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck...can't wait to hear what you're having!

For me I did gain a lot of weight in my face and butt with both of my girls, and right away. With my son I only gained weight in the belly. So based on that I'd guess boy.

This time around I am just gaining in the belly as well (and also only one pound so far - though it looks like more) so I'm thinking boy...I haven't found out yet either.
February 6th, 2010, 02:09 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm all belly with both - and one was a boy, one's a girl. Carrying this one much lower, but she's my second and I've heard they typically sit lower with your second. I didn't put on weight at all until after 20 weeks with Devin, and this one I only put on about 6lbs by 20 weeks - both due to the horrible morning sickness, with Devin it lasted much longer so I didn't put on anything until later!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search