39 Week appointment

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2010, 05:44 AM
IBake2Boys+1Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via MSN to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Yahoo to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Skype™ to IBake2Boys+1Girl
I had my 39 week appointment yesterday and I'm kind of disappointed by it. So for the last few weeks I've been fingertip-1cm dilated and 50% effaced. Yesterday I was a solid 1cm (could stretch to 2cm) but still 50% effaced. She said the problem I'm having is that my muscle tone inside is apparently really good and its not allowing Emma to drop completely onto my cervix to apply the pressure needed to dilate Figures LOL! So she said that I should try taking lots of baths, which would be great if I had a bathtub I fit into LOL! She also did strip my membranes, which hurt like a son of a gun!! She wasn't sure if it was going to work because my cervix was still a little high, but it was worth a shot according to her.

I also talked to her about what would happen if I DID make it to my 40 week appointment next week and she said as long as I was favorable (at least 3cm) she would send me to L&D and just break my water for an induction (if I wanted). That would mean NO Pitocin!! YAY!! She said she'd give me from 8 am to 1pm to have my water broken and freedom to roam and walk as I wanted to get labor started. If by 1 pm I couldn't then she would have to give me pitocin but I'm just glad I have the opportunity to try and do it without it first. That is, of course, if I decide to go that route next week. I'm sure that by then I'll be MORE than willing to give it a shot.

After getting home yesterday I did have a bit of blood from the cervical exam and stripping but no mucus or anything so I'm not sure what good it did. I did have some menstural cramps yesterday and a really bad backache but this morning, nada. I kind of have a feeling that it didn't do much for me but I guess we'll see what happens. Hopefully she'll come sooner rather than later, but at least there is an end in sight

Marie {mom to}
Ethan (7), Patrick (4), Emma (2)
Happily Married to Nathan (4.28.07)
February 10th, 2010, 05:50 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
sorry things arent progressing faster, but just think, in 1 week you could be holding emma!!! if not sooner!!
February 10th, 2010, 06:09 AM
bessie17's Avatar mommy2caden&adisyn
Just another thought - she could try stripping your membranes one more time (at your next appointment) - it took twice to work on me. Although I still had to get pitocin - that was because I had no fluid and the baby needed to come out now.

I'm glad you do have a plan for next week though! I can't wait to see her - I just know she is going to be so beautiful!

Colleen, loving mother to Caden (4yrs; 04-17-2008) and Adisyn (2yr; 01-14-2010)
February 10th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Send a message via AIM to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via MSN to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Yahoo to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Skype™ to IBake2Boys+1Girl
That was my thought too Colleen. I think I might try the stripping again next week if that's all I need.

Marie {mom to}
February 10th, 2010, 06:27 AM
.:Stace:.'s Avatar .:Stace:.
Send a message via MSN to .:Stace:.
You are so close Marie ... didn't you say that you delievered the boys at 39 weeks ... thats TOMORROW according to your ticker I'm holding out hope for a 39 week baby!! Can't wait to meet miss emma!!
February 10th, 2010, 06:39 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Good luck, hon. I'm surprised they're stripping membranes and talking about inducing when you aren't even at your due date yet. Eric was high and I was zero dilated or effaced on my due date with him, and he was born 4 days later with no induction or stripping or anything. Sometimes babies just need a touch more time

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
February 10th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Stace, Ethan was born at 39 weeks because of an induction that I wasn't smart enough to refuse LOL! Pat was born at 39 weeks 1 day and I have no idea what Emma is going to do. I'm not too worried about the induction next week, I'm probably gonna just have her try the membrane stripping again before I have her break my water. We'll see what happens this week!

Marie {mom to}
February 10th, 2010, 09:56 AM
bessie17's Avatar mommy2caden&adisyn
Oh, one more thing - after the second time they stripped my membranes it took 48 hours before I had my "show" and then contractions started 12 hours later.

I know they say it's a 50/50 shot stripping your membranes will do anything, but it's worth a shot

Colleen, loving mother to Caden (4yrs; 04-17-2008) and Adisyn (2yr; 01-14-2010)
February 10th, 2010, 12:42 PM
ElizabethS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww she's just waiting for her due date, which is my birthday =)

Momma to Alex (2005), Cadence, (2008), Ethan (2010), Brayden (2012), and Adrianna Elise due September 19th 2014

Stepmom to two (2006, and 2009).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search