Feb 15th Check in

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
How's everything going ladies? What's working? What's not? What's the goal for the week? Are you rewarding your self for little achievements? How?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

I'm a little so-so this week. I lost 1.8 lbs last week, for a total of 4.5 lbs in the past two weeks. That's great right? Except it seems like I've worked so hard that it should have been more. Seriously, why can't I loose 10 lbs a week? (Totally rhetorical. I know it's not healthy/safe/possible at my size, but it'd be nice, lol!)

I've been doing the 30 day shred. I'm on day 15, so I'm half way there, but I had QUITE the set back today. I've been doing the modified versions of all the level 2 moves in plank position for the last 4 days, since i leveled up. Well, today, I decided I was going to go all out, and hurt my neck/shoulder. Great. :/ I ended up stopping. I even left work early because it was so sore. After about an hour of the heating pad, I'm feeling much better and decided to go ahead and do level 1, minus the push ups. I'm going to stay there at least for the rest of the week.

The goal this week is another 2 lbs. I'm really going to have to bust my butt after this past weekend. DH got me chocolates which kinda irritated me because he knows how hard I've been working. I'm going to be so mad at myself if I don't loose this week, between the incident this morning and the chocolate from this weekend.

To treat myself, I've been rewarding myself with a little extra me time. Letting DH put the kids to bed so I can watch some tv, read a book, whatever. I've been doing laundry first thing in the morning while I work out, so that I've got that off my plate at night too.
February 15th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you hurt yourself, Kim! Hope you're feeling better soon! My neck is all flared up right now too. So I'm still not working out. I was eating better, until my DH also bought me chocolate! GRRR! So I'm off the wagon. haha
February 15th, 2010, 02:01 PM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I started eating "better" last week and lost 4lbs when I cheated and got on the scale on Friday .... SO totally wish I had not weighed myself mid-week b/c this morning I gained 2 of those lbs back and I completely blame it on the weekend - ok it was me... it was DSD's birthday so we celebrated with them and MIL brought vday cupcakes and m&m's over.... we also had pizza which I only ate 1 piece and had salad! Ugh...

So total weight loss since last monday (1 week) is 2lbs.

At least its something - but just frustrated I messed up over the weekend.

Started the 30DS today - you can see my post... definitely got my butt kicked today! LOL!

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
February 15th, 2010, 03:03 PM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Doing well... lost my Super Bowl bloat so I'm at 133 again.

Running and eating went well last week until Friday/Saturday when we had various gatherings, but still managed to stay on track with my weight.

I'm going to try to do more strength and Pilates this week as I see a difference immediately when doing them. I started the 100 push up program on Friday, did day 2 today and try to do ab work a few times a week.

Kim - sorry you hurt yourself, don't overdo it.

I'm thinking I need to jump on the 30DS bandwagon too... everyone else is doing it
February 15th, 2010, 04:35 PM
sarastar512's Avatar Super Mommy
Stupid Question-What is the 30 day shred??

I'm still teetering between 119-120lbs. So i havent really lost anything in like a month at this point. Next week i go in to get my mirena IUD put in so that will put me at 4 weeks after my pp appt and i weighed 121lbs at that appt. How is this even possible that i havent lost anything in a month?? I am so freakin frustrated and have no idea what the heck is going on.

February 15th, 2010, 05:28 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Oh no, Kim!! Take it easy, that stinks I'm glad the 30ds is working so well for you ladies! I've thought about it, but exercising at home never happens for me...or at least, rarely, I can't count on it every day.

I had a decent week, not the best but solid. The day after my super low weigh in last week, I was back up at 158.9 ... that is what actually eating will do, I guess Today I came in at 158.7, basically holding solid, and I did have some moments with ice cream and chips last week that didn't help any. I'm pleased with holding.

Plus, I just went and bought my first pair of size 10 pants since like jr high. So obviously, not that bad

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
February 15th, 2010, 08:12 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wtg ladies!!

This week i did great until the weekend! BOO so I am at 112 right now. eeks

Plus I am trying not to eat less than 1200 calories because of TTC. The doctor suggested against the 1000 calories during this time. So I only plan on maintaining my weight the next couple months.
February 16th, 2010, 06:19 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sara - the 30 Day Shred is a Jillian Michaels DVD. It's a 20 minute workout that kicks your butt!
February 16th, 2010, 08:59 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Sorry I'm late to the party!

Still maintaining at 125. Blah. I have seen 124 a couple of times which was nice, so I'm going to try to really fire it up this week and eat loads of salad to try and make it happen! Back to riding tonight as well, and that usually helps with getting the heart pumping and whatnot so I'm hoping to see some results from that.

I also started using tan in a can (lol, fine, SELF TANNER) and I found it just makes everything look so much smoother - it's especially forgiving over cellulite! So if anyone's feeling blue about their butts or the backs of your thighs, I recommend trying it!
February 16th, 2010, 09:24 AM
sarastar512's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyToCooper View Post
Sara - the 30 Day Shred is a Jillian Michaels DVD. It's a 20 minute workout that kicks your butt!
ah, nice!! Have to look into that!

btw, weighed myself this morning and weighed in at 118.5lbs? What the heck is goin on???

February 16th, 2010, 11:43 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ooops, forgot to check in yesterday!

I had a so-so week. Started off very strong, doing 30DS everyday, eating well, etc. The later part of the week was not so good food-wise or exercise-wise.

My goal this week is to do 30DS at LEAST 4 times.

February 17th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
For anyone interested in 30DS without wanting to buy, it's available on Netflix.
February 17th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm hanging in there. Working out regularly and not eating much PB at all, which is a big deal for me. Hopefully that'll make a difference. But I've been eating more chocolate to make up for it. lol.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search