stupid 40 week appointment (grumble grumble grumble)

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2010, 05:25 PM
IBake2Boys+1Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via MSN to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Yahoo to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Skype™ to IBake2Boys+1Girl
OMG...seriously I'm so done being preggo its not even funny! The nurse practitioner that saw me today told me she was goin to talk to my doc and go ahead to setup an induction for me, probably for tomorrow. Cool...no problems with that. My BP is up 2 weeks in a row, as is there protien in my urine as is there is a headache I've had for TWO days that I can't get rid of. I sleep sitting up because my hips lock together when I lay down, I have two kids under the age of 5 and family that is an hour away. I get told, I'll call you by the end of the day and let you know what's happeneing. Okay, fine. That was at 1 pm. at 4:30 I still had not heard anything so I called them and the nurse receptionist tells me, "Oh, they can't fit you in until MONDAY (the 22nd) but someone will call you tomorrow and talk ot you, ok"

UM NOOO!!! Not okay! I'm freakin heated that they can't "Fit me in" until monday and even more p-o'ed that I haven't talked to my Dr. or the nurse practitioner.

I am howerver, 2cm and 60% effaced and at 0 station So that is good news. Le sigh...

Marie {mom to}
Ethan (7), Patrick (4), Emma (2)
Happily Married to Nathan (4.28.07)
February 16th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Awwww hun! I really hope that you go into labor all in your own well before next Monday... like tomorrow!!!!!

I remember how awful it was with kate going till 41 weeks. I was over it too.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 16th, 2010, 05:43 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh. that is awful! Why don't you just go into the hospital complaining of your bp--I would be surprised if they didn't hook you up to the monitors and get things going? Just an idea if you are really done being preggo's Otherwise I hope for your sake that the next 4 days go by quickly --I remember going thru the same things with Donovin. I was 41weeks when they finally gave the go ahead. Hugs hon!
February 16th, 2010, 05:44 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Good luck, hon. I'm sorry you're so frustrated and hope she comes soon.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
February 16th, 2010, 06:37 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
I don't want to scare you, Marie, but if I was showing signs of pre-e I'd march right in the door of the hospital and demand to have a baby.

Hang in there babe!
February 16th, 2010, 06:42 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
i would definately call back tomorrow, or if they are being dumb.....go to the hospital and claim you are having contractions, and hope they keep you!!!

at 40 weeks, i doubt they would send you home!
February 16th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Nicandab's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope, sorry. I'd have my butt in the hospital throwing a fit. TAKE MY BLOOD PRESSURE NOW, WENCHES!!!!

I never made it to 40 but I was SO DARN DONE at 37 when they did induce.. I'd've KILLED them for sending me home.

February 16th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
Aw, I hope that little girl comes soon! Hang in there.
February 16th, 2010, 10:17 PM
MrsSarah1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwww.. that must be so frustrating. I hope that she comes soon. I would go in for the high blood pressure though.. pre-e can develop fast and is very deadly.
February 17th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Send a message via AIM to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via MSN to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Yahoo to IBake2Boys+1Girl Send a message via Skype™ to IBake2Boys+1Girl
Thanks for the support ladies. Unfortunately, my BP isn't high for a normal preggo person, just for me. I'm one of those wierdo ladies that has really LOW BP while preggo so my high BP is something about perfect for someone normal...

Marie {mom to}
February 17th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Spilling protein and headaches would still be indicators of pre-e, though. My BP never got out of the high range of normal, and I did not spill any protein - and I was still medicated for 5 days with heart meds.

Get in there and have a baby, girl!
February 17th, 2010, 12:53 PM
aprilmiracle's Avatar Single Mom to Birk
I had a mild case of pre-e. and they didn't induce me. I was on "bedrest" the weekend he was born though, and had close follow up appts. Birk was fine when he was born, and huge (8 lbs 10 oz) and healthy, and my BP bumped right back to normal a day after delivery.

Hope she gets here soon Marie! I'm sending you lots and lots of labor vibes!

February 17th, 2010, 01:59 PM
bessie17's Avatar mommy2caden&adisyn
She'll come on her own - I just know it! Hang in there hun.

Colleen, loving mother to Caden (4yrs; 04-17-2008) and Adisyn (2yr; 01-14-2010)
February 17th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the votes of confidence ladies. Got the final word from my doc and we're set for TUESDAY 2.23.10 @ 7:30 am to go in and get my water broken. She'll allow me to labor until lunchtime without pitocin in order to hopefully get things going without it. If at lunchtime I haven't progressed enough, or contractions haven't started then I'll need to get the pit. Hopefully I won't make it that far, but at least there's an end in sight.

Marie {mom to}
February 17th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Nicandab's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pit wasn't too bad for me with Brianna. No hard hitting sudden contractions like the horror stories you hear about. Lots of luck that you will go into labor about.. oh.. five minutes ago.

February 17th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Woo! Pit wasn't bad for me either, quick but still gradual. You'll do great!!
February 17th, 2010, 05:48 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!

Have you thought of trying some natural methods before then? I'm a total acupuncture to induce labor convert. I swear its what sent me into labor with Lucy. And even if it doesn't work it will help to relax you.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search