my latest excuse

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So my 3 yr old has been sick and ended up with a 105.7 fever this morning. It scared me, and off we went to the dr (was just there Monday too). They ran some tests that were normal (chest x-ray, urine analysis and nose swab), which means it is probably a new virus on top of what she already had (since she was getting better from croup and then spiked a new fever). Anyway, I was all stressed out and found myself eating a lot of my valentine's day chocolate, along with takeout pizza I picked up on the way home. That's not going to help me lose weight! Ugh! So what type of excuses have you found yourself making when you cheat? What did you do to get past the excuses?
February 17th, 2010, 04:34 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
You know what? If my 3 year old had a 105 degree fever, I'd be using it as an excuse too!!!

I use low sleep, work, and "I'm doing so well, I can just cheat this one time" too often...or I start to at least. I've been getting better at pushing them aside lately! Not many ways to get past outside of sheer will power though, motivation by how good I've felt by getting as far as I have, and gum. Gum works wonders when I'm about to stuff something worse in my mouth!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
February 17th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Kel! She's my child who has had febrile seizures too. So I was white-knuckling it all the way to the dr afraid I'd be calling 911 from the roadside. I am hoping to go for a walk tonight though.

Oh, I've got to remember gum as a trick. I've tried brushing my teeth, but that isn't always practical at a time of need.
February 17th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Honestly, Stacy, I've stopped making excuses for myself. Instead, I've learned to say, "you know what? I can't deal with my weight right now, I've got other things going on." and I forgive myself for "falling off the wagon" A few weeks ago, I had a less than pleasant diagnosis from my doctor and 2 deaths all in the same week. I decided to *** the diet and focus on getting my head back in place. I gave myself the week off, got back on the horse and have been at it ever since.

Before, I used to feel like a failure when these sorts of things happen and completely give up, but I'm really trying to take a new approach to this. It's making such a huge difference in my attitude and follow through.

And I'm praying for your lo. She's had it so rough and is such a trooper. I hope she gets better soon. A lot of moms I know have had their lo's come down with a bug where the kiddos are perfectly fine, maybe a little sniffly and then a huge fever spikes and it's gone within 12 hours. I'm hoping that's all she's got!
February 17th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I definitely agree that while it's important to make good choices - sometimes life comes along and you just need to focus on getting through without all the other stuff!!

February 17th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think that sounds like a pretty good excuse to me. Hope she feels better soon!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
February 18th, 2010, 05:11 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, sometimes life throws us some stuff that we need to focus on and we've gotta let a few others thing slide for a little bit. It's OK and you'll pick back up when you can!

My biggest excuse is being too tired to work out (since I usually do so first thing in the a.m.). Some weeks are better than others.

February 18th, 2010, 05:24 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with Kim... I try not to beat myself up, if something comes up that is more important then so be it.

The mental aspect of losing weight is so hard and we beat ourselves up so badly (at least I do). I've tried to readjust my focus on the fact that I'm doing good things for myself and it's a long term commitment/goal. By doing good for myself I'm doing good for Cooper and my family.

Sorry to hear about your LO, hope she feels better soon.
February 18th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I'm glad to hear of mommies focusing on the positive and not the negative! I know I originally started beating myself up too when I had a bad day or week, but I found that totally counterproductive...because then I was feeling bad, so I'd not try, which would make me feel bad. It just became cyclical.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search