Jean Shopping

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2010, 03:50 PM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
Does anyone else hate it as much as I do? I HATE shopping for jeans at this size.

I have big thighs & any jeans that fit in the waist are too tight on my thighs... and if they fight my thighs, they're huge on my waist. I know, maybe I need a tailor... but who really wants to take jeans to a tailor?

I find one pair that fit perfect and literally wear them out!!

I hope that I can get back down into my 6s and 4s that are in my closet bc I don't wanna have to go jean shopping... I don't wanna.

What types of jeans do you girls wear?
Brand?
Cut/Style?

My fav-e-o brand is Hydraulic... but I can only wear the wide/straight leg and they're hard to find. I love them though. I found some "Truce" jeans at JCPenneys that I really like but they're sagging off my butt. LOL I like low rise jeans, down on my hips, but seems like all of those cuts are also cut super skinny and I don't have skinny legs. So I have like 1 pair that fit me right now.

Last edited by GymChick; February 23rd, 2010 at 03:52 PM.
February 23rd, 2010, 04:08 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Girl I totally hear ya! I HATED buying jeans for ages. Now I don't mind it so much. I actually have quite a few pairs that I've found here and there. I kind of have the same trouble - my butt is a size 4, but my thighs seem to be closer to a 5/6. Some jeans fit just fine, but others are BRUTAL!

I love the Cruel Girl jeans - they are tight the first couple times but after a wash or two they relax enough in the bum and fit pretty nice.
February 23rd, 2010, 04:33 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate jean shopping too. If it fits in the waist, then it's sagging in the crotch. If it fits through the crotch, then it's too tight on the waist and I get that dang muffin top.

Right now, I'm wearing a few pairs that are getting too big on me (yay!) BUT, all my nice pre-preggo jeans are still a WEE bit too tight (i.e. the muffin top issue). Generally, I like Old Navy jeans - those are the ones I'm trying to fit into. I like low-rise boot-cut.

February 23rd, 2010, 06:13 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
I would love to jean shop (or anything shop for that matter ) The last pair I got fit me PERFECTLY! They're London Jeans from VS. Other than that, I've got Old Navy jeans. I found a pair there that fit really well too, but I'm not the same size any more. I don't like shopping there anyway, because none of their clothes is the same size and you have to try everything on. Seriously, I bought 3 pairs of jeans in that size, but only tried one on. I had to return the other 2 because one was tiny and the other was gigantic on me.
February 23rd, 2010, 06:17 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I couldn't tell you what brand or cut I wear at this point, it's been so long! I'm much the same way, I find a pair that fits and literally wear them to death.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
February 24th, 2010, 06:13 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymChick View Post
I have big thighs & any jeans that fit in the waist are too tight on my thighs... and if they fight my thighs, they're huge on my waist. I know, maybe I need a tailor... but who really wants to take jeans to a tailor?

I find one pair that fit perfect and literally wear them out!!
Ditto to both points.

I have been wearing Old Navy or Express brand jeans lately. I hate that every single pair fits different! Even the same brand/style. Ugh!
February 24th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Seems like everyone loves old navy jeans... I've tried them and I can't even find any that I like from there...

I was thinking maybe I could just wear my yoga pants until I can get down into my smaller jeans, but even THEY are getting big on me! Which is YAYYAYYAY bc they're mediums, I'm excited to be *needing* a small size... but still, they ARE yoga pants LOL
February 24th, 2010, 07:15 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
I hate Old Navy Jeans!! Just because of how they fit me, not cause they are ugly dont worry! I have a small waist (well, relatively speaking) and a big ole ghetto bootie. I ALLLLLWAYS have a gap at the back of my jeans when I get pants that fit in the butt/hips...it's so annoying.

Ann Taylor makes great jeans for that, and GAP has the "curvy" fit, which I like - but be prepared to spend 60-80 bucks on a pair The next pair of jeans I but will have a nice soft cotton elastic waistband..can I get a woot woot for maternity clothes! LOL

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
February 25th, 2010, 08:18 AM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First can I say I'd love to wear 4's 6, heck even 10s!! Hoping to be there soon ONE DAY lol. I have 10's in my closet but its been a while since I could wear them! Before E!!

I love Old Navy and Ann Taylor Jeans. I have to buy the "Diva" style at Old Navy and never get straight leg - my hips/thighs are too big and I look funny... I like low rise bootcut.

I love AT jeans too but only buy them ON SALE! I got some after Christmas on the clearance rack for $19.98!!

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
February 25th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellersMom517 View Post
I hate Old Navy Jeans!! Just because of how they fit me, not cause they are ugly dont worry! I have a small waist (well, relatively speaking) and a big ole ghetto bootie. I ALLLLLWAYS have a gap at the back of my jeans when I get pants that fit in the butt/hips...it's so annoying.

Ann Taylor makes great jeans for that, and GAP has the "curvy" fit, which I like - but be prepared to spend 60-80 bucks on a pair The next pair of jeans I but will have a nice soft cotton elastic waistband..can I get a woot woot for maternity clothes! LOL
Sounds exactly like my problem... I'm jealous you get to wear maternity clothes! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search