Can i just say...

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2010, 07:24 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
i think its great how many mommies are working out!! Maybe this is how it always is, but ive never been in this group before, so its nice to see all the support and mommies trying to better themselves!!

And i have to say, i think its hysterical that like half of the PR is doing the 30 DS, lol
February 25th, 2010, 07:53 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I second your thoughts. This board has really picked up lately and it's fun to have more ladies around to share the love (and pain!)
February 25th, 2010, 07:56 AM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely awesome!!!

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
February 25th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
It is forREALLY awesome I'm happy to finally be on the wagon, LOL, and I'll drag anyone on the wagon who's willing to come... we rock

Something that I've discovered in the past month... motivation drives. I was so motivated by seeing my husband and the guys on his fight team push their bodies to the limit, it just clicked for me. And now I'm seeing this domino effect, people have been messaging me like crazy on FB telling me, Christa, you're the reason i got up and moved today! It's crazy but it just feeds me to push myself harder. I love it.
February 25th, 2010, 08:09 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I totally agree too! I've seen a lot of these types of subforums around JM, and I've never seen them pick up and consistently stay active like this one. Our mamas ROCK! (Even if I'm not a cool kid doing the 30DS)

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
February 25th, 2010, 08:19 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love it, there is so much support, motivation, and advice here! And I love how 30DS has become such a craze too!

February 25th, 2010, 08:24 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Motivation definitely is addictive... my hubby started working out with my personal trainer so help bulk up a little. He is giving me the credit, since I am so motivated he felt like he should get off his tushie and work!
February 25th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyToCooper View Post
Motivation definitely is addictive... my hubby started working out with my personal trainer so help bulk up a little. He is giving me the credit, since I am so motivated he felt like he should get off his tushie and work!
That is awesome! And lemme tell you, it is sooooooooooo much easier when you are both doing it!
February 25th, 2010, 11:37 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
I wish I could do the 30DS, but I am pretty sure Jillian would kill my baby. BUT! I did start working out with my "Oh So Early 90s" Denise Austin Fit & Firm Pregnancy DVD!!! Yay! So cheesy, but it is really good because it's a moderate workout and really good toning/stretching for the muscles you need to support baby! I hope I can keep this up and do it every day or every other day at least!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
February 25th, 2010, 11:49 AM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wahoo I love this group makes me remember why I am torturing myself on a day to day basis!
February 25th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellersMom517 View Post
I wish I could do the 30DS, but I am pretty sure Jillian would kill my baby. BUT! I did start working out with my "Oh So Early 90s" Denise Austin Fit & Firm Pregnancy DVD!!! Yay! So cheesy, but it is really good because it's a moderate workout and really good toning/stretching for the muscles you need to support baby! I hope I can keep this up and do it every day or every other day at least!
That is awesome hon!! I have a few of her DVDs myself!!

If you haven't been working out before you got pregnant (like Jillian level working out) then no, I wouldn't recommend doing 30DS now, LOL. BUT pregnancy doesn't limit you if you have been. I worked out, in the gym, at least 5 days a week until I was 30 weeks preggers. I did full squats with the barbell until I was about 28 weeks and then I started getting too uncomfortable, and then at 30, sciatica kicked in and kicked my arse, LOL. I loved it though bc I got the strangest comments & weirdest look from people. Yes, there is a beached whale lifting weights, bring your friends for the show!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonovinsMommy View Post
Wahoo I love this group makes me remember why I am torturing myself on a day to day basis!
February 25th, 2010, 12:20 PM
bessie17's Avatar mommy2caden&adisyn
I probably would still be sitting here crying that my NOTHING fits me if it were not for all you girls working out, which gave me motivation.

Colleen, loving mother to Caden (4yrs; 04-17-2008) and Adisyn (2yr; 01-14-2010)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search