I want to join!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I need to become a yummy mommie! Having a baby at the end of august and being stuck inside with a toddler and little one is not helping me shed off this weight! 2 c-sections and a carrying a 9lb and 8lb baby has killed my 5'5 frame! HELP LADIES! tell me what is helping all of you tone up!

Thanks brie_91
February 26th, 2010, 10:59 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
You can do it! Lots of our mommies have had huge successes and you will too!

Here are the things that really worked for me. I lost about 80lbs after Jack was born (baby weight + plain old fat) by following these tricks. I maintain around 125-126 now and have for 3 months.

- don't eat white stuff - no rice, no pasta, no bread, no potatoes, no sugar. It's tough with the bread, though, so when I DO eat bread I make sure it's whole grain. Check the ingredients label - if something says "enriched" then steer clear! Only eat breads that have "whole grain flour" listed on their ingredients label. And if you must have rice, eat brown rice.

- no booze.

- no cheese, no mayo, no creamy salad dressings.

- eat lots of fish and chicken. Try to avoid red meat.

- grill instead of fry. (Get a barbecue cookbook - you will get tons of great ideas.)

- eat eggs. Some people hate them, but honestly, they're packed with protein and only have 70 cals each. Protein takes longer for your body to digest (as well as fiber) so if you can keep your body fueled with more of it, you will eat less volume over the course of the day. A good snack is a hard boiled egg with some salt and pepper (or Frank's Red Hot Sauce - SO good!) it's easy to just boil a few and toss 'em in the fridge until you are feeling snacky.

- pay attention to satiety instead of hunger. This was hard for me to learn - I had the habit of eating because it was mealtime, not because I was hungry. Now I usually get by with 2 meals a day - I found I was hungriest at 11am. If I ate before that I was STILL hungry at 11am. And if I waited until 12 or 1pm, then I'd overeat. Some people need five small meals a day. Some don't. Listen to your body and just eat until you no longer feel hungry, not stuffed. Also, if you loved a meal and really want seconds, wait 20 minutes - usually by the time 20 minutes is up you won't feel hungry enough to go back for more. If you still are, then go for it.

- Pilates! This made a humungous difference in my abs. Now I keep them up with horseback riding, but to get jump started Pilates makes a world of difference.

- try to eat clean. I don't mean you have to go 100% organic (it's expensive and I myself can't justify eating everything organic) but try to steer clear of packaged foods that are high in sodium and chemicals. I tend to get really bad sodium bloat if I indulge so packaged or fast foods have to be a treat for me.

- if you're really, really, REALLY dying for a treat... just have it. Honestly. It's not worth it to torture yourself for an hour over a creme egg, kwim? Have the creme egg, enjoy it, and then eat right the rest of the day.

- don't kill yourself with deadlines. I'm all for setting goals, but it seems like for me, as soon as I say "I must lose another 5lbs by Easter" I screw it all up. Every time. I don't know why, but I work better when I don't feel like "I must be a certain size by a certain date!" You might do great with deadlines - some people really love 'em - but if you don't, it's totally okay to look at it from a different point of view and say "hey, you know, when it happens, it happens." That's still meeting your goal!

- park far away from the doors when you go to the store.

- clean out the cupboards. This one is hard, esp. with kids, but worth it. As time goes on you won't even go to look in the cupboards for bad snacks because you'll know they aren't even there.

You'll do great!
February 26th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the tips!!! Its gonna be really hard for me to give up my snacking. its a bad habit of mine. 80lbs! wow your doing a great job!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!

Thanks brie_91
February 26th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
You don't have to give up snacking, you just gotta make healthier choices!! Actaully eating 6 small meals a day is best I'm going to post something a little later so stay tuned for that (it's about eating haha)

And you'll probably hear a lot about 90 day shred... most of us are doing it in here... it's good stuff if you need to work out at home. Just 20 minutes/day and some of the girls that have been doing it are already seeing results.

Other than all that WELCOME & we're glad to have you here!!
February 26th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im going to start going to the rec center we have here more often, i really need to get more active! and im def gonna look into this 30 day shred. !! Ill stay tuned for the thing about eating.

Thanks brie_91

Last edited by hadavis; February 26th, 2010 at 03:30 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search