Who's NOT Shredding?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2010, 06:04 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
What are you doing? Tell me I'm not the only one!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
February 28th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Nope, Just you (how's that for peer pressure )

Seriously, it's great because you get your entire warm up, work out and cool down done faster than a short nap time. Do you Netflix? You can get it through there.

Before this, I did quite a few other dvd's, but nothing I really wanted to stick with. Mostly, they were too soft, took too much time or too much coordination to get down the dancy moves. I wanted something that my DH could do too (not that he has, lol!)

One that I did that I LOVE is the Bell Fitstick program It has the same intensity as the 30DS, but more weight training. It's broken up into upper body, lower body and cardio. I'd do upper body or lower body then follow it up with cardio every other day. I actually lost the cassette in our move, which is how I ended up shredding.

I've also done a yoga/pilates program and have a bunch of moms into fitness dvds. If you're interested, I'll give you the moms into fitness ones if you want to pay for the shipping. They just aren't my style.
February 28th, 2010, 07:37 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
My problem isn't an ability to get the DVD - I'd go out and buy in without a problem. However, having time and opportunity to work out at home just doesn't happen 5 days out of the week because of work I could theoretically drop the boys off at daycare and go back home, but then I'd get sucked into other stuff I needed to do after working out and end up hours late to work...and working out while the boys are up is comical at best, because after being apart all day they want to play with me in the evening (go figure!).

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
February 28th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not shredding, although it sounds tempting. I go for my Stress Test tomorrow and will start doing my Wii Fit and Jenny McCarthy's workout program for Wii once I get clearance from the cardiologist. I also have an elliptical machine that has been collecting dust for years that I jumped on for a few minutes recently and think I'll start using after tomorrow. If none of that gets me going, then I may check out the 30 day shred. I'd like to lose at least 5 pounds before Addy's birthday so my clothes fit decently again.
February 28th, 2010, 09:17 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
I'm not shredding. I'm just doing crunches, riding as much as I can, keeping busy, watching what I eat.
March 1st, 2010, 06:34 AM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsong View Post
However, having time and opportunity to work out at home just doesn't happen 5 days out of the week because of work
That's why I like this workout compared to others I've done. 20 minutes and your done. I hope you find something that works for you soon!
March 1st, 2010, 06:46 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Not me I am doing Denise Austins Fit & Firm Pregnancy! She's soo cheesy though I kinda wanna punch her in the face, but...then I'd have to buy a new TV

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search