March 1 Check-In

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2010, 05:08 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Time for our weekly check in. What has worked? What hasn't?

I weighed in at 132.9 this morning. I'm very slowly losing weight (was 135 at the beginning on January). I did get to 132.1 earlier last week.

I'm focusing on how I look and feel more than my weight which has been much healthier of a mindset for me. My arms are toned, legs are getting stronger, etc.

I skipped two runs last week but still managed to get in 16 miles. I did the 30DS three times and three days of the 100 push up program (just started week 3).

Overall I feel like I'm doing well, I know the weight will come off as time goes on as long as I'm staying active.
March 1st, 2010, 05:52 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw darn, I forgot to weigh in this morning before I left for work. Poo.

My week was so-so. I started off strong, did 30DS Mon-Wed and was eating well, drinking lots of water, etc.

Then, by Thursday morning, I just could not get out of bed extra early to workout. And Friday was the same thing. Ugh. I still ate really well, but by the weekend, I was mad at myself for skipping those two days.

Took my dogs for a walk yesterday afternoon, so that was great. Still, I would like to get through one week where I workout M-F. I know my excuses and my patterns, it's just a matter of breaking through them, ya know? I feel like something still hasn't "clicked" yet.

March 1st, 2010, 06:01 AM
sarastar512's Avatar Super Mommy
About to get my period so i have no energy and i have to drag my butt to run. I literally had to force myself to finish yesterday. Good news though, any and all water retention from said period should be gone in a day or two!

Weighed in at 116.2lbs this morning.

March 1st, 2010, 06:16 AM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
Ugh. Well I was doing really well at the beginning of last week, pulling out 2-a-days and really crazy motivated. and then I screwed up my wrist - which I think is about well now - and got sick over the weekend... but I'm still down a pound, 157 this morning... so that's 8 pounds since Jan 25th. Hoping to at least get in a 30DS workout today, if I can keep from coughing long enough... I still feel like crapola though so I'm not going to push it today. Just being extra careful with my eating... I eat like crap when I'm sick.. usually, LOL.
March 1st, 2010, 06:31 AM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
I was shocked to find out I lost 2 lbs last week. I was exhausted Monday morning so I did about 1/2 my workout. Then our water heater went out that night, and I had no hot water for a shower on Tuesday. No shower=no workout, lol! But I did level 3 of 30ds on wed, thurs and Friday and lost 2 lbs for the week! I'm super excited about that. I'm down 6 lbs for February. 1.5 lbs a week is my goal.

I finish the first 30 days of 30ds tomorrow, then I start over on Wednesday at level 1 with 5 lb weights. I really need to work on my upper body strength. I don't feel like I've done enough in that area yet. Of course I have about 10-15 lbs more I'd like to loose before April, but that's a stretch. I don't want to loose too fast and end up rebounding. Slow and steady!
March 1st, 2010, 06:42 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Well I am still holding on to that water rentention weight of about 1.6 lbs because I couldn't flush it all out yesterday (I can tell because my hands are still swollen and my body fat percentage is way down on my scale! LOL)...Still about .5 lbs under my starting PG weight, so doing good Gotta fill up on water and fruits/veggies today...I am having a big salad with a little pasta & cheese for lunch, and then a spinach salad with grilled chicken, bacon, orange segments, maple vinaigrette for dinner! Hopefully this does it, I'm sick of feeling like a marshmallow and I wanna put my rings back on

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
March 1st, 2010, 07:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I weighed on...Thursday I think? Maybe Friday. Idk. But I weighed 147.7. Well, this morning I got on the scale, and weighed 146.4!!! I know weight fluctuates, and 1.3 lbs isn't huge, but I haven't weighed less than 148-149 since before Thanksgiving! (And I could've eaten better during the weekend!)

I gave up chocolate and PB a week and a half ago (which is a big deal for me) , and I started the 30 DS on Saturday. I'm soooo happy that I'm headed in the right direction!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
March 1st, 2010, 07:19 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Well my starting weight last week was 150.8

I weighed myself this morning and i was 149.8. SO its a pound lost, not great, but its a start, at least i didnt gain a lb.

Ive been eating healthy, no fast food for over 2 weeks now ( well i take tht back, i have had salads and grilled chicken sandwhichs( no mayo) when i was out of the house- so thats a start. And i have only had 1 diet pop in over 2 weeks, other than that no pop for me!

I do have a feeling i am going to have a hard time losing all the weight i want, since i do have to drink oodles of water daily to keep my supply up, as well as eating enough. But im trying to just watch what im eating and how much.

I finsihed day 4 of the 30DS today and i was surprised to find it a little easier for me. I am a bit sore, but nothing like i imagined i would be.
after a week, i might bump up the 30DS to twice a day for a week and then move up to level 2 the following week, Since i still cant get to the gym becuase Charlie is too young, and Big charlie gets home too late for me to get an hour in.
March 1st, 2010, 07:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2bemommy22 View Post
Well my starting weight last week was 150.8

I weighed myself this morning and i was 149.8. SO its a pound lost, not great, but its a start, at least i didnt gain a lb.

Shannon...be HAPPY! You're out of the 150's! You gotta celebrate the little milestones!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
March 1st, 2010, 01:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got good news after my stress test today. As far as my heart goes, I am all clear to start exercising! Yippee! The other good news is that I haven't gained any more weight the past few weeks. So let the fun begin! You're going down blubber! haha

P.S. My DH bought me a box of twinkies yesterday. Going to have to remind him, yet again, that I'm trying to lose weight (he is too).
March 1st, 2010, 02:23 PM
bessie17's Avatar mommy2caden&adisyn
I've been weighing between 150-152 for the last several weeks and as of today, I'm still there. LOL! I do feel better since starting the 30DS though and hoping to see some progress in the weight loss in the weeks to come.

Colleen, loving mother to Caden (4yrs; 04-17-2008) and Adisyn (2yr; 01-14-2010)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search