Christa!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2010, 04:28 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
What about the lean cuisine type meals? And wht about the green giant veggie dishes ( that you just steam in the microwave)
are these any good to eat? keep in mind, the links are to family size portions, they also make these in single portions. I figured these might make a good side dish.

Green Giant Frozen Steamers Broccoli & Cheese Sauce

Green Giant Frozen Steamers Roasted Red Potatoes, Green Beans & Rosemary Butter Sauce

Green Giant Frozen Steamers Chopped Broccoli
March 2nd, 2010, 04:50 PM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
LOL I am rolling here that you put my name as the subject of this post. I've been afraid that I've been coming across as a know it all, I don't mean to, I promise... okay, maybe I do, but whatever haha

I'm a huge fan of the steamers! I avoid the ones with the cheese though bc IMO, that's just calories you don't need. And if you'll notice, the ones with the cheese & the butter sauce have a TON of sodium... almosts 400 sodium/serving is a lot.

We get the steam fresh veggies, I have my freezer stuffed, but like I said, I avoid the sauces & cheese ones.

Lean Cusine meals... I'm not a fan. Mostly because they're high in sodium.... and they're "processed" which means they're made mostly with white flower & no fiber... which is just going to leave you hungry & lacking nutrients... they are good when there's just nothing else & good for portion control, but no, I won't buy them.
March 2nd, 2010, 04:52 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Christa....we go to you cause your husband is the personal trainer!

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

March 2nd, 2010, 04:54 PM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessdmommy View Post
Haha, that is true... I know a lot on my own but just bc I helped him to cut so much weight in the past... we're a good team haha
March 2nd, 2010, 04:59 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I loooove the steamers, my freezer is PACKED with them. I don't do the sauce ones, but just the different veggie combos, since to have all of that fresh in my fridge half of it would always be going bad on me!

I think Christa is right on the Lean Cuisine stuff. I eat them all the time for lunch at work, but that's mostly because it's really my only option. (Well, that's not true - I could spend my evenings cooking lunches instead of being with the boys, but pfft.) They're better than fast food by far, and better than the other frozen meals out there (some of them are like 700 calories with 900mg of sodium!!)

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 2nd, 2010, 08:22 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Yea, im just trying to be practical with how often i have to actually cook a meal, lol.

I figure they are a good alternative, not to have everyday, but more once in a while.

I love the steam fresh veggies, omg they are soo good!! I am going to stock up on them toorrow too!
March 3rd, 2010, 05:55 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessdmommy View Post
Exactly! I always look forward to what you have to say because you & Derek are so fit! (And it's like getting professional advice for free. )

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search