How is this possible? *UPDATED*

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2010, 03:12 AM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
I weigh in at work on Fridays for the Biggest Looser Challenge. Of course this is fully dressed. But I also weigh in at home on Wednesdays (as kind of a mid week check in...no surprises please!) and Fridays on the wii, and when I do, I'm naked so I can't tell myself that it's the clothes.

When I weighed in today, it said I'd GAINED 5.5 lbs from Friday?!?!?! How can that be? I know I cheated a little over the weekend at Maya's b-day party, but I didn't binge. I didn't graze, I just had a little bit of pizza and chips and cake. Not tons, just a small dish. That can't possibly be 15,000 calories.

So what gives? This isn't a half pound of weight gain. This puts me back at square one! I've been working out every day too. I just don't get it!

************************************************** ********************************

Ok, you ladies are genius! I weighed in this morning and Iím already back down 2 lbs. I havenít changed any of my eating habits and it WAS just the one meal I cheated on. It looks like itís that time of the month because Iím super crampy today. I havenít been doing a really good job tracking since I donít actually get a period because of my condition, but I still ovulate, etc, and with that comes the cramping and the bloating

I have to say that as much as I like being part of the BL challenge at work and it keeps me motivated to stay on track, the weighing in part is a stress I just donít need. I KNOW Iím eating well and busting my butt. Christaís nutrition post has been my mantra from the get-go. Iím seeing results. Iím fitting into clothes I havenít fit in forever. I feel better than Iíve felt in forever. Iím sleeping better than I have in forever. So stepping on the scale is really an afterthought for me.

Thanks again for all the support ladies! Youíre all awesome and keep me motivated!

Last edited by Mama Theo; March 4th, 2010 at 06:49 AM.
March 3rd, 2010, 04:36 AM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
Have you been working out in the past week, MORE than usual? Did you just eat thsoe foods the one day or all weekend?

I honestly think I'd blame at LEAST half of that, maybe 3 or even 4 pounds on water retention. I know that I can lose up to 2 pounds of water weight overnight if I'm NOT eating salty foods and not on my period... so if I ate a bunch of stuff that my body isn't used to, I can only imagine how that would affect me. So.... if you really clean it up this week, you might see that 5 pounds disappear by Friday, bc honestly, that is the only explanation I can think of.... if you have really been exercising & eating right, you shouldn't see a 5 pound GAIN in so few days. It has to be water weight.
March 3rd, 2010, 05:15 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto to water weight... sodium does weird things to your body.

Also, where are you at in your cycle, could it be from that too?
March 3rd, 2010, 05:58 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
also - what about the scales? Maybe it's not really that much if you are weighing yourself on a different scale.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
March 3rd, 2010, 06:20 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I definitely agree, that sounds like a majority of it is probably just water retention. Plus women's weight fluctuates during the month with our cycles, so that could have an impact too!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 3rd, 2010, 06:33 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
when i first read it my thought was water weight. If you are getting close to AF, you might be getting bloated.

i agree that even if you ate a little bit of pizza at a bday party, that it isnt going to make you shoot up that much. Also, is it possible you are gaining some muscle now? Muscle does weigh more than fat.
March 4th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Updated first post
March 4th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I knew it was just bloat/water retention. Glad to hear that it's coming off quickly. Keep up the good work! You're an inspiration to me!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
March 4th, 2010, 07:05 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
glad the weight is coming off again!!
March 4th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
As much as we know better, those numbers on a scale can be upsetting to see. I'm glad your focus is on how you feel! Darn water retention!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search