Protein Shakes

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2010, 04:59 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know a few of you have mentioned protein shakes in your daily diet and I'm curious what type do you buy? I'd be interested in trying one but I have NO clue where to start.

March 3rd, 2010, 05:59 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Christa - have you ever heard of Isagenix? That is the kind that I have...

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
March 3rd, 2010, 08:20 AM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
Haven't heard of that Emily... where do you get it?

We order ours from Bodybuilding.com Don't be intimidated by the term "bodybuilding"... this site has the BEST stuff that we've found. Aside from another site that Derek uses to mix his own (which is GROSS bc he puts all kinds of supplements into it).... but this stuff is GOOD STUFF.

This is what I use: Bodybuilding.com - Optimum 100% Whey Protein - With Faster-Acting HYDROWHEY! On sale now!

You have to watch out for the sugar & carbs that you get in protein shakes at places like the grocery store, and even GNC sells some junk.
March 3rd, 2010, 12:21 PM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I drink 1 EAS Myplex protein shake a day.

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
March 3rd, 2010, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont drink protein, but my husband does and he uses the EAS as well. I dont think i could stomach a protein shake.

Thanks brie_91
March 3rd, 2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymChick View Post
Haven't heard of that Emily... where do you get it?

We order ours from Bodybuilding.com Don't be intimidated by the term "bodybuilding"... this site has the BEST stuff that we've found. Aside from another site that Derek uses to mix his own (which is GROSS bc he puts all kinds of supplements into it).... but this stuff is GOOD STUFF.

This is what I use: Bodybuilding.com - Optimum 100% Whey Protein - With Faster-Acting HYDROWHEY! On sale now!

You have to watch out for the sugar & carbs that you get in protein shakes at places like the grocery store, and even GNC sells some junk.
Christa, I am looking at this site now - this may be a lot cheaper than me buying these 4 pack of EAS shakes. Do you just mix it with water? Is the Milk Chocolate good?

[/CENTER]
March 3rd, 2010, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Also christa, I always get emails from bodybuilding.com because ive ordered stuff off of there for my husband, sometimes they give me 10% off coupon codes, ill send them your way if you want them.

Thanks brie_91
March 3rd, 2010, 01:42 PM
Bonnie... they are soooooooooooooo good! You can def mix in water... I drink a shake in the morning for breakfast with my oatmeal & use half water/half skim milk.

And it is definitely cheaper... I'm not sure what you're paying but if you're buying them in a 4 pack, I'm guessing you're probably paying a pretty penny A 2lb container usually lasts me about 1 month or longer if I drink 1-2 6 ounce shakes/day.

Heather, If you don't have any you're going to use, definitely send them my way... or if any of the ladies want to try out BB.com, maybe you could pass them on to them... Bonnie??? We order from there so much, we get a lot of discounts already so maybe we should share with the other ladies, LOL.

It REALLY is a good site. They always send us free stuff too. And if you're having a tough time getting your shakes mixed up, they have an AWESOME mixer and it's pretty cheap.

Last edited by GymChick; March 3rd, 2010 at 01:45 PM.
March 3rd, 2010, 05:28 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Christa...we have the some kind!

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

March 4th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymChick View Post
Bonnie... they are soooooooooooooo good! You can def mix in water... I drink a shake in the morning for breakfast with my oatmeal & use half water/half skim milk.

And it is definitely cheaper... I'm not sure what you're paying but if you're buying them in a 4 pack, I'm guessing you're probably paying a pretty penny A 2lb container usually lasts me about 1 month or longer if I drink 1-2 6 ounce shakes/day.

Heather, If you don't have any you're going to use, definitely send them my way... or if any of the ladies want to try out BB.com, maybe you could pass them on to them... Bonnie??? We order from there so much, we get a lot of discounts already so maybe we should share with the other ladies, LOL.

It REALLY is a good site. They always send us free stuff too. And if you're having a tough time getting your shakes mixed up, they have an AWESOME mixer and it's pretty cheap.
Yes the 4packs I buy are $5.99 and SOMETIMES I can find them BOGO free which is awesome and I stock up. I like the chocolate EAS drinks.

I am going to try 1 of them... would you recommend the milk chocolate?

And yes please send those coupons/codes my way!

[/CENTER]
March 4th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just ordered from there yesterday, and got it TODAY!!! WOW for quick service!! They also sent 2 samples and a shaker bottle. Excellent Service.

Try this coupon code for 10% off:
Comeback10off180

I ordered Rocky Road. Havent tried it yet, hopefully its good.

Thanks brie_91
March 4th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Oh yeah Rocky Road is YUMMY! Well, for as much as a protein shake can be yummy, LOL... and yes, they are super fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyGirl22 View Post
Yes the 4packs I buy are $5.99 and SOMETIMES I can find them BOGO free which is awesome and I stock up. I like the chocolate EAS drinks.

I am going to try 1 of them... would you recommend the milk chocolate?

And yes please send those coupons/codes my way!
Yes, Milk Chocolate, Double Rich and Rocky Road are my favorites!
March 8th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I placed my order for milk chocolate today - too scared to venture off to something I haven't tried yet LOL!!

[/CENTER]
March 15th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Another question: How much sugar is too much? I've got one that I really like right now, and I don't remember the exact number, but it's low in sugar. But that stuff's expensive! I got it on sale for $16 a can, but the regular price is 21, and it only makes 19 shakes.

Yesterday, while I was rushing through Wally world, I saw a 2 lb can for $12.99. Again, I don't remember how much sugar was in it, but I know it's more than what I've got. I didn't buy it then, but I was thinking about going back and looking at it, since I didn't really have time to compare then. But what's the guideline? This one was higher in protein then the one I've got at home (55 compared to 40, I think?)

Thanks momma!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search