Not feeling "the burn"?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2010, 03:08 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
I realized that this morning I wasn't sore or anything from working out last night (Level 1)...should I go to Level 2 tonight?

I can't do as many push ups as they though, so I was thinking I should stay on Level 1 till I can do them all. But I'm not sore either.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!
rate 6/5/2014: 164 rate 6/23/2014: 165 14w5d

March 4th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Maybe use heavier weights?

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
March 4th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
How long have you been on Level 1, and are you able to do everything else they do? Are you able to do the modified push ups, just not the full pushups? Level 2 has a LOT of plank moves (plank jacks, plank twists, and another one that I can't remember) PLUS walkout pushups.

I still can't do both sets of full push ups. I do about 10 of the first set, then go to my knees. I've been through all 3 levels, so I don't think that you need to be able to do the full push ups. I'm back on level 1 now with heavier weights, and my goal is to get through without modifying the plank moves.
March 4th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Yes, I'm on level 1 (with 2 lbs weights, I don't have anything heavier right now). I have been able to do about half of the regular pushups before having to go to the modified version. When on day 1 I couldn't even do 1 regular push up!

There are a few moves at the end (the one with the one leg front one leg back) that I have difficulty doing on my left side due to issues with balanced caused by Cerebral Palsy...

March 4th, 2010, 05:20 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
im not sore anymore either, the initial soreness only lasted a few days for me.

i say move up when your ready, you can always move back down if its too much.
March 4th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
I agree, MOVE UP MOVE UP! Or.... AND some heavier weights. I use 5 pounders and at first I was like, this is nothing, bc in the weight room I warm up with 5 pounders, LOL, but Lordy I can feel the burn with those, LOL.
March 4th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Christa...what do I do? I could only get part way though level 2! I have some pretty good issues with balance so that is why it was difficult.

March 5th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
As you strengthen your core your balance will improve. I liked moving up to level 2 because it's much more of a challenge. I also loved moving up to level 3 for the same reason. I actually lost the most weight (2 lbs) when I moved to level 3, even though I had to stop and catch my breath a million times. I was sure that because I wasn't "getting through" it wasn't going to do anything, but that's when I saw the biggest results.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search