Christa & Derek!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay, I'm not sure if you remember me posting about it or not, but I've started the 30 Day Shred before and made it to Day 12 or so. I ended up stopping because my shins were bothering me too much. This time around I started out wearing shoes, then Meagan suggested trying without, and that seemed to keep my feet from cramping.

Well, now my shins are starting to hurt big time. I'm not sure if it's my shin bones, or not. What seems to hurt the most is the muscles to the inside of my fibula. I looked it up...something like the solerus muscle? The butt-kicks are what aggrivates it the most.

I'm really determined to finish the 30 Day Shred this time, and I'm seeing a difference after 7 days. I'm not trying to sound like a wuss, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it without potentially hurting myself. Should just I tough it out, skip the high impact cardio, take tylenol/ibuprofen, ice my shins? Will wearing shoes VS not wearing shoes make a difference?

Sorry if I'm overwhelming you with lots of questions. I'm just a little frustrated.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
March 6th, 2010, 10:37 AM
sarastar512's Avatar Super Mommy
how old are the shoes you are wearing?

March 6th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not wearing any shoes for the Shred lately. The ones I have are probably from last summer and I wear them a lot.

March 6th, 2010, 03:59 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
You may want to consider getting a pair of shoes just for working out (I'm thinking I should take my own advice here too). Something with good support.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

March 6th, 2010, 04:11 PM
sarastar512's Avatar Super Mommy
you def should be wearing shoes working out. I agree. You should invest in a pair with good support that are only for workin out.

March 6th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
Um... Derek says suck it up. LOL It will eventually go away. You need good shoes, yes...

I was telling someone else on here about the bands... yoga bands, they are good to strengthen those muscles in the legs, you might need to do that too.
March 6th, 2010, 06:56 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymChick View Post
Um... Derek says suck it up. LOL It will eventually go away. You need good shoes, yes...

I was telling someone else on here about the bands... yoga bands, they are good to strengthen those muscles in the legs, you might need to do that too.
I don't know why but I could totally see him saying that lol.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

March 6th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Lolol
March 6th, 2010, 07:36 PM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lol... I know my shin area hurt but it really was just the muscles around the shins that I hadn't worked before since its been forever since I worked out - it did ease up and go away after a week or so.

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
March 6th, 2010, 10:01 PM
You might want to try some of these stretches... and seriously, you have to do these EVERY DAY to see a difference.

iYogaLife.com : Runners : YogaLife's Yoga For Runners:<br /> Injury Prevention<br />Presented by New Balance

And like I said, get you some resistant bands & use those every night to strengthen those muscles...
March 7th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Is it bad that I never wear shoes to work out ever? And if I had to, then I'd completely stop, lol!

Kelly, I hope your shins feel better. I think toughing it out is the way to go. If it's still like that in a couple days, then that's another story.

Could it be shin splints? Have you done a lot of high impact cardio in the past? Are you working out on a hard surface? Is it possible to move to something padded/carpeted?
March 8th, 2010, 06:25 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Theo View Post
Is it bad that I never wear shoes to work out ever? And if I had to, then I'd completely stop, lol!
Ditto... except for running or spinning I can't wear shoes (hence my suggestion of going shoe-less!)
March 8th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm working through it, and the pain wasn't as bad the last 2 nights as it was Friday night.

I have good shoes...they're just old. How often should you get new shoes? I went to the Good Feet Store and got the shoes they suggested (New Balance 1011). I know they were atleast $80. Maybe I'll see about getting some new ones. I was just trying to make those last as long as possible.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search