Weekly Check-In

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How's everyone doing this AM? Hopefully you girls are hanging in there! I'm not going to weigh this morning. I weighed Saturday morning and was down another pound, but I ate pizza Saturday night and Steak & Shake last night (I got grilled chicken though) and then yesterday AM I started my period AGAIN. It just left less than a week ago but that was my first PPAF. But I'm still going strong with the 30 Day Shred. I'm on Day 10 and I haven't eaten any chocolate or PB in over 2 weeks. And I eat really well the majority of the time!

So here's where I'm at.

Starting Weight: 147
Current Weight: (as of Saturday AM) 145
Goal: Be in the 130s by Logan's B-day (March 26th), 130 by summer

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
March 8th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
After my panicky mid-week post about gaining 5.5 lbs, I was only up .8 on Friday. I'm ok with that. "AF" was here last week, so it was a combination of things.

I feel like I've stalled a little with the weight loss, so this week I'm going to eat 100% clean (I hope!) So far I've had a protein shake, a banana, salmon and and orange. That takes me through lunch. I still have carrots for this afternoon and then chicken and brown rice for dinner. I'm concerned I'm not getting enough fiber in my diet, so I've started on a supplement with that too.

I jumped over level 2 with the 5 lb weights and went straight to level 3 this morning. I seriously thought I would die if I did the last set of walking push ups, so I had to stop there, but I did finish out the cardio and abs. I'm hoping for a big number the next few weeks because the beach vacay is just around the corner!
March 8th, 2010, 10:31 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had to take a break. Leah has been sick for a week and she was barely sleeping last week (up almost every hour at night) so I was too rundown and exhausted to do anything. And sure enough, now I've caught the same thing. Blah. (I'm down a couple pounds from being sick though! )

Hopefully, by next Monday (and my first official week as a SAHM), I can get into a new routine and start fresh. *sigh*

March 8th, 2010, 11:04 AM
sarastar512's Avatar Super Mommy
Weighed in this morning at 115.2lbs so i lost another lb this week and this rate, I should be right around my goal on Ethans bday so i am super happy!!

I have a 5 mile race on Saturday which i cant wait for because races always make me run harder and better. And the weather this week is in the 50's here and SUNNY!!! Yea spring!

March 8th, 2010, 11:11 AM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh how I was dreading this post this morning. From last Monday, I've gained a pound. BUT... I see that a lot of you ladies on AF gained some too, so that makes me feel better. AF hit me on Thursday night and I've been SO bloated I feel like a whale!!

In addition to AF coming, I've been bad (don't hit me Christa!) I fell off the wagon eating wise. I had NO self control this weekend. AF always makes me crave carbs and chocolate, so guess what I ate? Yup I deeply regret it now too.

Starting date: February 8th
But overall starting goal was 40lbs
Weight lost as of today 8lbs

And today has been exactly 1 month since I started and 8lbs lost, guess that's not bad at all!

I need to get back and suck it up!

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
March 8th, 2010, 02:10 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well I went for a walk today and ate --eh okay today! I need to go grocery shopping so that I have something other than chicken nuggets to eat--LOL! I weighed in this morning at 117lbs. I know a lot of that is water weight from everything going on, I am still majorly bloated and crampy! UGH!!!
March 8th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't weighed, but I was not good at 3 parties this weekend. My DH asked me what I want for my birthday, and my response was "liposuction". haha I wish it were that easy to lose weight, but I need to get my behind in gear. I have increased my activity level this past week with a few official workouts too. Still working to figure out a routine.
March 8th, 2010, 03:55 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Let's see...I am up .6 or so...but I am still down 1.4 from pre-preggo weight. I am 6 weeks 3 days today so I am really hoping to pretty much maintain throughout the first trimester...I fluctuate depending on salt and fluid intake (and obviously food)!

Admittedly, what goes in my mouth is the food that will make me gag the least at that particular moment in time So today I've had an english muffin with PBJ, ginger ale, a little salad (eww it was so gross), a little brown rice, and just now a few homemade chicken nuggets with ketchup. So not a balanced diet, but oh well!! I'll concentrate on that in 6 more weeks!! LOL

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
March 8th, 2010, 04:07 PM
sarastar512's Avatar Super Mommy
oh man, lettuce made me gag when i was pregnant too and i love salad.

March 8th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellersMom517 View Post
Let's see...I am up .6 or so...but I am still down 1.4 from pre-preggo weight. I am 6 weeks 3 days today so I am really hoping to pretty much maintain throughout the first trimester...I fluctuate depending on salt and fluid intake (and obviously food)!

Admittedly, what goes in my mouth is the food that will make me gag the least at that particular moment in time So today I've had an english muffin with PBJ, ginger ale, a little salad (eww it was so gross), a little brown rice, and just now a few homemade chicken nuggets with ketchup. So not a balanced diet, but oh well!! I'll concentrate on that in 6 more weeks!! LOL
Emily I'm just proud of you for trying so hard! If I'd been more diligent about my nutrition and exercise, I bet I wouldn't have been so depressed during pregnancy.

March 9th, 2010, 05:32 AM
aprilmiracle's Avatar Single Mom to Birk
I just started yesterday, and weighed myself today, 127 lbs. So no loss still, obviously, but super motivated! 29 days to go, so I'll make it!

I did not change my eating habits yet. But I really should because I drink a ton of coffee and soda, as well as my chocolate and sweets intake is far above what it should be. I guess that's next!

Started weight: 127 lbs
weight loss so far: 0
Goal weight: dunno... 120 lbs? somewhere around there

March 9th, 2010, 06:08 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Emily, you're doing great and a fabulous thing while pregnant! I watched my weight (didn't actively try to lose or anything, just made smart choices) and felt a lot better with Danny than I did with Eric (who made me gain 40-ish pounds!).

I weighed in at 157.7 this morning...forgot to hit the scale yesterday. I've been pretty much maintaining for a solid 3 weeks now, which isn't going to get me to my 150lb goal, LOL. There's been some craziness in life though, nothing bad but enough to take my mind and focus off weight loss. I'm not upset, however, I am determined to get my butt in gear!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 9th, 2010, 06:49 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still hanging on where I was last week.

Didn't work out as much as I wanted but sometimes life just takes over, you know?

Also, we are all battling colds so that is slowing progress down.

I'm not stressing about it, not enough energy to worry about it right now.
March 9th, 2010, 07:45 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
I've always noticed that I start to lose motivation after about a month on a certain plan - for some of you guys that are feeling "blah" about your plan, switch it up a little! The only time I ever really successfully lost a lot of weight (40 lbs in college...so glad to see that all back...welcome back fat. LOL) I switched my plan like every month: I was doing WW so...

1 month I would go in the middle of my point range every day - eat almost the same stuff
the next month I would try more vegetarian options and try to focus more on getting enough fiber (25 g is HARD to get), which made me eat better whole foods
The next month I would do high-low (basically eat at the low end of my point range 2 days in a row, and then at the high end 1 day, repeat)
The next I would cut out refined carbs for the most part...

It kept my body totally freaked out and losing weight at the rate of 2-5 lbs per week! I did keep it off for a long time so it wasn't like it came right back....mostly when I started living off of peanut M&M's after Keller was born. umm...not the best plan I guess

SO KEEP WORKING!!! YOU ARE ALL MOTIVATING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to lose all those pounds that I can't right now! hahaha.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
March 9th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
I'M HERE and that's about it.

After almost dying with a head cold last week (okay, not really, but felt like it)... I went back to the gym yesterday. Was in there 30 minutes and they had to come & get me bc Cade had been fussy & crying the whole time. She was like... there is something wrong, he's never like this... and sure enough, I take him home and he has explosive diarreah all day. Ugh. So I had to keep him home today too, just in case. I did do 30DS though. Thank God for it.

And... I am working through it & taking a lot of ibuprofen, but I have done something to my neck. I'm not sure if I pulled something or strained something from coughing so hard - totally possible - but I literally can not move my head. It's a little better when I take the IBs and I've been using heat like all day every day... I'm hoping it will GO AWAY soon.

I didn't weigh yesterday since last week was a bust. My clothes keep getting bigger though so I feel pretty good. I haven't been working out as much but keeping my eating pretty clean.

Except... Cade's birthday is tomorrow. I'm going to make him a little cake tomorrow... and then his birthday is Saturday and I'm sure there will be plenty of junk. LOL

So that's that. I know, totally not very motivational but we all have bad days/weeks, LOL

The good news is, I haven't lost motivation or the desire to be healthy, which is the problem I've had in the past. We just need to GET WELL.
March 9th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Get well soon Christa! When I moved up to level 2 on the shred, I pulled my neck and I wanted to die! Seriously, worst four days in a LONG time.
March 9th, 2010, 05:41 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I had a rough weekend, food wise- i tried to make healthy decisions, but it was still mostly a loss.

Friday i went to lunch with my mom and sister, and i ordered a crispy chicken sandwhich and fries from Ruby Tuesdays, i wanted the grilled chicken sandwhich, but it was 12 dollars, and i just couldnt give that restaurant the satisfaction of ripping me off for grilled instead of crispy.
That night was DH and my date night. i ordered a grilled chicken sandwhich and fruit instead of the fries.

Saturday, i had a bridal shower , so i had banquet food.
and i had a salad for dinner

Sunday was my sisters bday, and they ordered fried chicken for it, so i had 1 peice, but i did snack on chips and hawaiin bread and spinach dip.

Im still doing the 30DS every day, and i actually did it twice on Friday, since i knew i was eating out twie that day- made up for it in my mind, lol.
I moved up to level 2 on Sunday, and have started doing the advanced moves in it today, still cant do them for eveyrthing, but im trying.

Starting Weight: 152
Current Weight: As of this morning- 148.2
Goal:to be 140 by mackenzie birthday party ( april 24) and to be 135 at some point, no real set goal.

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...ommies/1901256
March 10th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there, Shannon. You're doing great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search