Weekly check-in, 3/15/10

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2010, 05:22 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morning ladies.... how did this past week treat you?

I weigh more than I did last week but am doing my official weigh in probably tomorrow. After eating many meals out this weekend I have major sodium bloat.

I had a decent week last week (until the eating out this weekend) and am so extremely proud that I ran 8 miles yesterday without having to stop and walk at all! That even trumps any weight I may have gained as it's such a confidence boost leading up to this half marathon.

I'm finally starting to feel a little better and will hopefully ramp up the workouts this week.
March 15th, 2010, 05:37 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Way to go on running 8 miles!!

I am finally re-starting this week after being sick myself and caring for Leah while she was sick. Ugh, it's been a crazy couple of weeks.

Fortunately, I lost a couple pounds while being sick! Not the greatest reason to lose weight but if anything, I feel like it's a little head-start as I get back into this. I don't want those couple pounds to come back.

This is my first week as a SAHM so that's my other challenge - developing a new routine while being at home.

March 15th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for running so far without walking.
I have been lack about weighing in and exercising and am starting over today.
I hope to start the couch to 5k again this week.
March 15th, 2010, 07:40 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Wow, that is one heck of a run!!

I'm still holding steady, no weight gain or loss. Good, I suppose, but not the comeback I was hoping for. Then again, I know exactly why I didn't lose any this past week. My willpower is wavering so bad!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 15th, 2010, 07:55 AM
sarastar512's Avatar Super Mommy
No change this week. I ran a 5 mile race on Saturday and did soooo much better than i thought i was gonna do! I'm totally motivated to keep running and increasing my miles.

Hopefully i will be down a lb at next weigh in.

March 15th, 2010, 08:44 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
All these runners!! I think I could run to the mailbox. Maybe back

I am up .8 from last week - thank you ginger ale, ginger snaps, bagels, english muffins, and basically anything else that my stomach will allow me to eat without barfing. It's pretty much carb heaven over here ladies. Eh, hopefully I will start feeling a little better and be able to eat veggies again

Oh, but I am still down 2 lbs from my starting pregnancy weight !

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
March 15th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Emily- I'm curious what your goal is, since you are preggo. I hope you don't mind me asking. How much are you planning to gain or not gain at all?

This week was AWESOME!! I was down 9.6 lbs on Wednesday, and 6 on Friday. Of course after eating out I was only down 4 on Saturday and I'm working from there, but even a 4 lb week is AMAZING!!

Aside from dinner out on Friday, I've been eating clean (mostly...is air popped popcorn clean? I had some yesterday. No butter or salt)

I'm setting myself up for a HUGE success this week. I did all the shopping for the week yesterday and have my meals and snacks planned out. I have a tenderloin in the crockpot now, which will give me a chance to cook tonight for the nights that I'm the only one eating my meal.

On the workout front, I finally got all the way through Level 2 with the heavier weights. That's TOUGH! And today I did 90% of the plank moves in level 3 on my toes. I even did a few full rockstar jumps! I'm so excited to see how the rest of the week goes. I felt SOO strong today

Adding:
Starting weight: 161.4
Current weight : 148
Goal weight: 140 --- 8 lbs to go!!!
March 15th, 2010, 12:15 PM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well last weigh in I had gained a lb and I was so devastated by it... but I did manage to lose that pound this past week - despite going out to eat twice over the week/weekend.

So total weight loss since Feb 8th is 9lbs.... guess not too bad but I want more!! I feel like I've hit a plateau. I am doing cardio about 3-4 times a week - maybe up that more!

I am starting walking around a lake here w/ E and my friend (team member for my ovarian cycle charity spin) and I start that training on April 3rd which I am SURE will kick my BUTT!!

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
March 15th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was doing great until this weekend. Saturday afternoon I started feeling like crap- chills, body aches, cough, dizziness. Usually if I just have a cold or something I'll work through it, but I honestly haven't felt this miserable in a long time. And Logan has it, too.

I'll get back on it as soon as I can.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
March 15th, 2010, 02:16 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Kim - of course you can ask It probably seems a little strange for me to be checking in since this is a weightloss thread, but mostly I am just trying to maintain a healthy diet, which you guys are inspirational for!! It's not going so well at the moment, but thats ok.

My goal for the first trimester is to not gain any weight - just because I am already starting out with plenty of fat reserves (yay! not.) since I didn't lose even half of my weight from Keller. And I had a breast reduction so my boobs don't get any bigger...since the baby weighs next to nothing still, I know that weight in the first trimester is not really necessary. My doc said that was a good plan (obviously only if I am being healthy about it!)

I have no goal right now past that point - I haven't talked to my midwife about recommended weight gain, but I expect it to be in the 15-20 lbs range.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
March 15th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
That's great Emily! I'm sure it will be easier once you get past the "everything makes me puke" stage.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search