Why I ended up in L & D yesterday along with my appt today

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2010, 11:43 AM
KandA0418's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was in horrible pain yesterday. It started in my chest (heart) area and raidated down into my belly. Could have been gas pains but I thought it was a good idea to go get seen. I ended up staying 4 hours for hydration and a pill to stop my contrax I was having every 4 mins!! EEKK They checked me and thankfully weren't do anything to progress me and they did an ultrasound to measure my cervix length, that too was beautiful! and last before talks of releasing me they were waiting on an ekg to be done because of how the pain started in my chest.

I was finally released on promises to return if I felt anymore contrax, and to see my doc today. I am now being put on every 2 week doc appts to make sure she bakes alittle bit longer. I have a referral to physical therapy for my hip pain that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to walk or stand up from sitting. Not sure if I told anyone but last week I got outta bed and fell flat to the floor because of the hip pain. Dbf almost called 911 I couldn't move, and I was bawling my eyes out in pain. So we are going to try to do some therapy to help that. I'm not staying hydrated, with working where I don't always have access to a restroom I'm afraid to intake water because it goes right through me... My doc said its not water that helps you stay hydrated, its Gatorade or powerade so now Im off to go pick some up. Good to know. So my next appt is April 1st and we'll see where to go from there. All is well with BP and weight, I have only gained 1lb my entire pregnancy, because I lost some in the beginning from being sick, but overall up 5 lbs. She is measuring GREAT 5 days ahead to be exact so they aren't worried about my weight, just as long as she is growing normally. All my labs came back perfect too and I don't have diabetes THANK YOU!!! lol

So I will need to take it week by week and see what happens in the upcoming weeks. Lets keep her baking until MAY!!!

[/URL]
March 19th, 2010, 03:31 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Well that was full of scary and great news!! haha. I'm glad everything is ok with Brooklynn and they were able to stop your contrax without totally putting you on bedrest or something. I had no idea about your pain - that sounds so severe!!!! I hope you get some answers...I wonder if she is sitting on some evil nerve or something.

Sounds like the pregnancy is progressing well - so happy for you and getting anxious to meet her (but not too anxious...stay in a while longer girl!!)

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
March 19th, 2010, 04:31 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I am glad that the contractions weren't making you dialate or anything! And I hope she bakes for many more weeks!!
March 19th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad that everything turned out alright! Stay put, baby girl!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
March 19th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I'm glad you are ok and that she's still baking! I hope the PT helps with the hip pain! I have similar pain and my chiropractor really helps me, as well as Rolfing treatments. I hope you can find some relief as well. ((HUGS))

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search