Let's talk about DH

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Does your DH work out?
Does he eat well?
Is he in shape? How far from ideal is he?
How supportive has he been in your weight loss?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason does NOT work out at all. But today he's decided he's going to start. Come Monday morning, he's doing the 30 day shred with me. We're starting back at level 1 and I'm getting my man in shape!

For the most part he eats well, but he is very decadent. It's going to be tough for him to change his habits. He fakes healthy eating in a way. Like for instance, he tells people he eats organic, but organic pop tarts are NOT health food, lol!

Obviously, he's not in shape. He's gained between 50 and 70 lbs since we met. Obviously, he's got a long way to go, but I'm super excited because guys can drop weight easier than girls and with me 100% on board and ahead of the game, it's going to be easy for him to get back in shape. He used to be H.O.T hot. I'd like to see him loose about 40 lbs.

He's starting to be more supportive. When I told him in January that I was going to get back in shape it was kind of "Yeah, sure you are babe." But now that I'm at my goal and just need to tone up, he's telling me all the time how proud he is. It makes me feel really good that I BEGGED him to start with me in the beginning and he expected it to last a week or two before I quit, but now that he's seen how far I've come, he thinks he needs to get his butt in gear, lol!
March 20th, 2010, 01:27 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Ugh. Sore subject here! DH totally supports me, 100%. He is, however, very overweight and while he complains about it and says he wants to lose weight, he's not been willing to give up anything to do it. He eats well, because I eat well and we eat the same stuff, but he refuses to cut his portion sizes (which are HUGE) and he says he can't work out because he'd rather be at home spending time with the kids - which I get, but honestly his weight is hurting his health, and I'm afraid he's going to lose time with the boys (and me!) in the long run because of it.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 20th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
Hugs! Up until VERY recently, that's exactly how it's been with Jason. I completely understand. Hopefully you can be his inspiration. I think it's easy to use spending time with the kids as an excuse, when honestly, you're giving them so much more in the long run by taking care of yourself.
March 21st, 2010, 04:38 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH is one those annoying naturally lean guys who can eat a ton and not gain a pound. He eats pretty well for the most part. He's not really a breakfast guy and tends to eat more at night, which would be horrible for most people, but he totally maintains his weight. He doesn't "work out" per se, but he spends a lot of time outside with the dogs or doing fix-up projects, and is generally a very active person.

He's pretty supportive with me. Every once in awhile, he'll suggest getting some ice cream or something, but for the most part, he wants me to eat healthy because of health issues in both of our family histories.

March 21st, 2010, 09:57 AM
Cartersmommy08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwoman View Post
My DH is one those annoying naturally lean guys who can eat a ton and not gain a pound. .

Yep thats my DH in a nutshell! I swear he eats and eats and he never gains a single pound! He's very tall and then. The only time I've ever seen him with weight on was when I was preggers. He definately gained some sympathy weight. The sickening part is after Carter was born he lost all of the 45lbs he put on in like 3 months

He constantly eats junk, cookies, candy, cheese's, fast food blah but never ever gains!

Sometimes it bothers me because he knows I'm trying to be healthier, but for the most part I think it's just my jealousy LOL

He is EXTREMELY supportive of me either way. Even with all this extra weight he's always tried to make me feel good about myself by reminding me I am beautiful to him However, now that I"m serious about my working out he has made extra comments about him being proud of me and that he can see/feel a difference which is always encouraging!!!
March 21st, 2010, 11:33 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Does your DH work out? Yes at least 4 days a week. Him and his work buddies go for an hour a day on their lunch break.

Does he eat well? He just started eating BETTER. Im not saying hes perfect, but he is trying to cut portion sizes down, and he stopped eating fast food 7 days a week. He might eat it 1-2 times now.

Is he in shape? How far from ideal is he? DH is very much in shape, except for his core. he has nice muscly arms and very strong legs, its just his core that has always been a problem for him.

How supportive has he been in your weight loss? so much, he got me a gym membership, and even started a weightloss program with me. We are supporting each other.
March 23rd, 2010, 06:09 AM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
LOL... well you all know my hubby, so I won't answer the questions... but I will say, IT CAN BE DONE. They CAN get into shape.

I don't think I've ever posted these here... but this is Derek's before & after...

2003 & 2010 (and keep in mind he's only about 5'7" or 5'8")

The first pic was right after we got married. We had both gained a lot of weight in college and even more after we got married. He finally had enough when he couldn't bend over & tie his shoe without struggling and he said that was the moment that he decided to change things... and we both did. At that point, he was probably 240 and I was about 185. He lost a ton of weight and I lost 60 pounds myself. It IS easier when you decide to do it together, it's just not always easy to both be on the same page. I'm glad that some of you girls are getting your hubbies interested... I honestly think that when you show them that you're interested, they can't help but be interested too.
March 23rd, 2010, 07:04 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Christa - that's amazing (about both Derek and you!). Way to go!

My answers...
Does your DH work out? - yes, he is a competitive mountain biker (endurance racing, either 12 or 24 hour races) and has recently started running again. He also works out with a personal trainer once a week.

Does he eat well? - yes, we eat healthy in our house for the most part, he has the metabolism to eat much more than I can and usually does!

Is he in shape? How far from ideal is he? - he is in great cardiovascular shape but is working on bulking up a little. He is very lean and wants a little heavier build. He's 5'10" and around 145-150 lbs

How supportive has he been in your weight loss? - extremely. I was never active until recently and now that I am he loves it and all the things we can now do together that we couldn't before. He encourages me more than anyone else. He is also very nice about telling me how great I look, how well I'm doing, etc.
March 23rd, 2010, 08:37 AM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your DH work out? - Yes 5-6 days a week

Does he eat well? - Yes, much healthier than I do. He doesn't like sweets.

Is he in shape? Build wise yes, he is working on cardio right now.

How supportive has he been in your weight loss? - He is very supportive but unfortunately he doesn't tell me no when I shouldn't be eating something.
March 23rd, 2010, 09:12 AM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well DH is in the Marines, so he doesn't have much of a choice right now!

Last year he injured his back and was put on steriods for 8 months, plus limited duty (no working out) for 1 year. He is now getting off steriods and limited duty and went from 202 to 170 in the past few months.

Dh usually works out with his platoon at work in the morning, something like running 3 miles, basketball, raquet ball, weights ect., and then he'll run on the treadmill for 40 minutes every night.

He is starting to eat very healthy, which I am happy about!

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
March 23rd, 2010, 09:46 AM
Wow, Christa, Derek has had a great transformation!

March 23rd, 2010, 10:12 AM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwoman View Post
Wow, Christa, Derek has had a great transformation!
I know! We used those pictures on his recent personal training adverstisement and put "I'm not only a trainer, I was my first client." LOL It gets a lot of attention LOL
March 23rd, 2010, 11:07 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Christa - your hubby is HOTTTT haha.

Does your DH work out? - He goes to Karate about 2x per week, but he's also in construction so does a lot of physical stuff at work.

Does he eat well? - Ehhh...his problem is he likes any kind of food and is a bottomless pit. So he likes the healthy food, but also loves other food...not so much junk/fast food as homemade pies/pasta/anything italian etc etc.

Is he in shape? He has a bit of a belly, but his limbs are really toned - they never get flabby. I tell him he has Jason Varitek thighs Cardiowise he has super endurance even when he goes for a long time without working out.

How supportive has he been in your weight loss? - He's supportive of my choices, but also isn't very good at keeping us on track! (see #2) That boy loves food.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
March 23rd, 2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymChick View Post
I know! We used those pictures on his recent personal training adverstisement and put "I'm not only a trainer, I was my first client." LOL It gets a lot of attention LOL
Ha ha, good ad!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search