Miralax warning... It's not as safe as the dr made it out to be!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateBN View Post
Did you know that humans and chimps are both mammals? Even though we're from the same "family", that doesn't make monkeys, humans or humans, monkeys. Even better: did you know that tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants and several other popular and healthy vegetables belong to the nightshade family, a family with many species of toxic plants? According to Wikipedia, "Many members of the Solanaceae [Nightshade] family are used by humans, and are important sources of food, spice and medicine. However, Solanaceae species are often rich in alkaloids whose toxicity to humans and animals ranges from mildly irritating to fatal in small quantities." Just because something is from the same "family" as a toxic substance doesn't make it dangerous. Polyethylene glycol (PEG) and monoethylene glycol (MEG) are not the same thing. Antifreeze (MEG) is toxic and easily gets into your bloodstream if you drink it. Miralax is nontoxic and less than a half of a percent of Miralax (PEG) enters the blood stream. One will kill you, the other will help you.
I am SO glad you posted this; there are way too many bad things out there for people to "create" false bad things. Many don't realize PG is what is in inhalers, many, many foods, lip balms, safe medicines, etc., and just think antifreeze, antifreeze, antifreeze. Diethylene glycol is what is in antifreeze and it is in there to make it non-toxic to animals if they happen to lick it up somewhere. My cousin was flipping out because her children are taking MiraLax and she was "told" it could cause autism and CNS issues and even death. It's not fun having to calm someone down and tell them they were misinformed when it comes to their precious children.
July 22nd, 2013, 11:40 PM
My 2 years boy take miralax for one month.
After 2 weeks he took this , he start getting too much nevroys and he crying too much.(sorry for my english because i'm greek and i dont know the language very well)
i want from mothers who have the same problem to tell to me what i must have to do .
After this we stopped miralax and we have now 1 week we dont take this.

I am wondering to see what will happen with this .
December 3rd, 2013, 02:52 PM
I just recently found out that after my 7 month old son had suffered from muscle spasms (after the eeg and neurologist) that MIRALAX is the culprit! it CAN cause seizures, spasms and tics... we only used it for a week. doesnt take much
January 20th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenkennysmommy View Post
I just recently found out that after my 7 month old son had suffered from muscle spasms (after the eeg and neurologist) that MIRALAX is the culprit! it CAN cause seizures, spasms and tics... we only used it for a week. doesnt take much
Gretchen did the twitching and spasms stop yet for your son??and if so how long did it take?? For my son it hasnt stopped yet and we stopped the miralax over 3 weeks ago ( he was barely on it for 2 weeks.) I
February 24th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Hello,
My daughter (born April 25, 2013) who is now 10 months old, was prescribed 1tsp.of Miralax when she was 6 months old. In January of this year, we had gone to the ER at South Baldwin two times in a row. The first time, they wrote it off as constipation and told us to give her 2-3 tsp. of Miralax per day (if she needs it). I only give it to her once a day and if she hasn't had a good stool in a day or two, I give her 2 teaspoons. I'm sitting over here literally trying to stay calm, because of this forum. I'm afraid it will cause her a lot of problems, because I was told by her PED and the ER to do this for her constipation issue and this would be the best way to relieve her. She's not doing anything out of the ordinary, but I do notiice that she doesn't urinate until she wakes up. Very seldom does she ever wake up with a wet diaper. I give her 6oz. of juice daily. Three meals a day, morning: oatmeal, lunch: veggies, fruit and/or yogurt, dinner: meat and veggies with fruit.so it's not like she's not getting the nutrition she needs to help her have a stool. I'm switching her off Similac Total Comfort and seeing if Gerber will help. I've had her on Soy, Sensitive, and Advanced. My husband is getting Benefiber tonight. My question is, will this cause any future disorders or problems? Will this affect her health? Please respond.

Thank you,
SLF

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search