What are you doing to lose weight

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2010, 04:19 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
No two weightloss plans are the same so wat are you doing right now to help lose weight and get into shape.

Right now i am just in the "eating healthy" life style. i have been seeing successful results with weightloss too, which does make it easy to stay on track when your finally getting results.

i do plan to start going back to the gym this month( im going to lie about charlies age, so he can go to the gym daycare, lol) but im looking forward to that.
I get so bored with the same workouts eeryday, which is why the jillian michaels dvd only lasted a few weeks.
i also want to start the 100 pushup challenge...i know i really need to stop talkuing about it and start doing it, lol.
April 14th, 2010, 04:46 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I overhauled how I eat a while ago and am focusing on eating healthy - not clean, not a particular diet, just making good choices that I can live with. I'm going to the gym 3 times a week (aiming for 5, but 3 is usually what happens), and doing 50-100 sit ups every other day or so (aiming for daily, but again, not what happens, LOL).

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
April 14th, 2010, 04:49 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well I haven't lost any weight yet but I started cutting out the extra bad stuff that I was eating and drinking plus I got rid of the scale. I have been working out atleast 3 or 5 times a week as well. I am hoping to see results when i get on the scale in a month!
April 14th, 2010, 05:48 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
Cutting out the bad stuff is half the battle.

I gave up fast food for lent, and it was the best thing i could have done, it really helped me make better choices. im not saying i NEVER eat fast food, but it is dramatically less than the every day eating it after charlie was born.

Now i try and limit myself to once or twice a week, and if i do eat it, then the rest of my meals that day are strictly healthy.
April 14th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm trying to get some form of cardio in every day. I've started running, and I'm still doing the 30 Day Shred a few times a week.

I'm eating healthy, but I could probably cut out some sweets. I'm definitely hanging in there, though.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
April 14th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
*blush* I'm currently gaining! While my mom was in town, I fell off the wagon and have not gotten back on. I feel like such a fatty! I'm up 4 lbs from where I was 2 weeks ago. NOT good.

My plan is to go to the beach this weekend. That should shock my system back into my routine! And I'm restarting the 30 day shred starting Monday. I know it's an excuse, but the girls are off their sleep schedule and it makes it hard for ME to get to bed on time in order to get up so flippin' early. We should be back on track by next week.
April 14th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You can do it, Kim!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
April 15th, 2010, 05:13 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm eating well (for the most part) and have started alternating Jillian's Trouble Zones and Boost Your Metabolism DVD's. I hope it kicks my butt into losing again!
April 15th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Cartersmommy08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have made a HUGE change in the past 2 months as far as my "seriousness" of losing weight goes. Here is what I am doing;

I try to work out everyday which is usually not realistic but I get up with the attitude that I AM going to do it. If I don't get everyday I do a minimum of 5x a week. My routine as far as exercise goes is alternatiting between the eliptical runner and pilates. Somedays I have a lot of energy and I do both! My eliptical has 10 different workout variations so I change it everytime I use it so my body doesn't adjust to the same pace/resistance. I do the 20 minute winsor pilates dvds throughout the week and dedicate at least 2 days of that max fat burning winsor pilates DVD (It's about 50 minutes worth).

As far as eating goes I have cut out the soda which is SO hard for me! If I feel like I need a soda I will make it a diet. I've found that wild cherry diet Pepsi actually doesn't taste that different from the original. I drink tons of water a day! At least 72 oz's (I have this tumbler I got from Target that I LOVE).

As far as food goes, I've switched to "made over foods." For example I've changed everythingi in the house to light or fat free. You can make pretty much all the "good stuff," with significantly lower calories/fat intake just by switching some ingredients! I refuse to eat past 7 too. I don't deny myself my good ol' "fat foods," but at the same time if I choose to eat those foods the portion is MUCH smaller than before and I know that I need to push it exercise wise!

I also take Addipex-P (prescribed by my doctor) for a metabolism boost! And MAN can I feel it! I am usually dripping with sweat when I'm done working out which is a nice change from the minimal exhaustion I felt doing similar things before hand!

So far it's all worked well for me! Since 2/23 I've lost 24lbs, 4 inches on my waist, 3 on my hips and 2 from each thigh!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search