Update on me and Katherine!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2010, 04:42 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girls! Thought I'd post a big update in here.

First, I am 34 and a half weeks pregnant. This is a big, kind of stressful time for me because we lost Devin sometime after 35 weeks - he was stillborn at 35 weeks 5 days. So I'm very happy that Kate is very active in there, keeping us reassured. I had my first NST last week and her heartrate strip looked great!

34 weeks

I have been having a ton of braxton-hicks contractions. I get them all day and night long. I know I've been having them for months now, but last weekend they started hitting hard one night, every 10 minutes for several hours. I was a little scared that she was coming way early. But they never got stronger or closer together and eventually I fell asleep and they've spaced out. But it's a clear sign that my body is shifting, getting ready. Yeeks! I have less than 6 weeks left. I'm so so so excited to meet her, but at the same time I really want a full-term baby so I hope she chills for a few more weeks.

I am getting my stuff together. Started packing my hospital bag, gathering emergency numbers, I'm washing and folding all her clothes today. Her room isn't quite ready yet - we have to paint the border stripe around the room still - but pretty much the main stuff is ready. I have her bouncer and swings set up, her dresser is going to have all her clothes in it, I have her toys in a bin, her blankets all ready to wrap her in. I still need to prep all her diapers, though (we're doing cloth)... I need to get DH to lug the box out of the basement so I can do that at some point. We need to set up the co-sleeper still. I have an interview with a pediatrician on Wednesday.

Starting next week I'll be seeing my Midwife weekly. Everything so far looks great and totally normal... normal growth, normal movement, normal heartrate, normal B/P. I'm planning a natural childbirth in the hospital where we had Devin so I'm reading a lot and getting myself back into that mindset again. I'm excited and eager and just really hopeful. I'm curious how this labor is going to go. And now... we just wait for her arrival!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
April 17th, 2010, 05:11 PM
KandA0418's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats nat!!!! i'm so excited to meet her but i know you want her to bake as looong as possible <3

[/URL]
April 17th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
I'm glad everything's going well! You look great; and the pictures of her room are wonderful!
April 17th, 2010, 08:59 PM
worried27
I think you have such amazing strength. I can't wait to see little Kate and I just love the way you incorporated sheepie into baby girls things, like if Devin is always watching over her.
April 18th, 2010, 05:41 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
That is so exciting!! I know I wasn't around when Devin was born, but I will be looking forward to hearing about your full-term happy healthy birth and can't wait to meet little Kate (although waiting 6 more weeks is just fine!). I love the nursery AND your belly - too stinkin cute!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
April 18th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Nicandab's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was thinking about you yesterday, and wondering how far along you were. I'm glad she's keeping active to rest your mind a bit. Bake a little bit longer and you're good to go!

April 18th, 2010, 05:01 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Oh Nat

I am so happy for you and love reading about your progress with Katherine

April 18th, 2010, 06:10 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can't wait to "meet" baby Kate! I love her room
April 18th, 2010, 06:21 PM
.:Stace:.'s Avatar .:Stace:.
Send a message via MSN to .:Stace:.
Nat words cannot express how truly happy I am for you. I check your blog every day to keep updated. Your belly is BEAUTIFUL. I smile when I think about how strong you are. You are a role model for me .... there is happiness after a loss. I know that Devin is watching over you and baby Katherine. I can't wait to see her cute lil face.
April 18th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The room looks great, Cant wait to meet baby katherine!

Thanks brie_91
April 19th, 2010, 05:08 AM
sarastar512's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a ton of braxton hicks contractions the second time around too. I think from even 30 weeks on and i ended up having the second baby just two days early. You're body is just getting ready. Great to hear the news!!

April 19th, 2010, 12:42 PM
aprilmiracle's Avatar Single Mom to Birk
Oh Nat, you look so beautiful. I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet Kate (in 6 week-sih time!). The nursery looks adorable, I love those painted canvases? Did you do them yourself?

Thanks for the update!

April 19th, 2010, 02:23 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Nat, what a sweet room she has! I LOVE the brown and pink and the butterflies - you must be SO excited.

I can't WAIT!! I hope the next 6 wks FLY BY so we can all "meet" her soon!!
April 20th, 2010, 04:09 AM
bessie17's Avatar mommy2caden&adisyn
A huge smile came across my face when I saw your belly picture. You look so beautiful, Nat and I'm so happy for you.

Her room looks great! We have the same bouncer for Adi

I can't wait to "meet" Katherine!

Colleen, loving mother to Caden (4yrs; 04-17-2008) and Adisyn (2yr; 01-14-2010)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search