Trying not to read too much into symptoms...

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2010, 09:07 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got a bfn today. I think I am 12 dpo. But I'm having some symptoms that aren't normal for me.

I need to know, has anyone tested at 12 dpo and got a negative when you were really preg?

My boobs are killing me. I'm wearing a bra to bed tonight because they hurt too bad to be 'free'.

Someone give it to me straight. If I'm 12dpo and negative its just negative right? And the boobs are a fluke symptom?

I don't want to get my hopes up. .. Especially after trying so long.

My Blog
May 10th, 2010, 09:17 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Oooohhh... this could be good! I'm the opposite, my girls ache the most when they've been confined but if I don't, they'll be down to my toes at the end of this pregnancy!

Hmmm... I have to say, if I was ONLY testing with IC's I would have tested negative on 12 DPO. I tested negative at 10 dpo and then didn't test again til 13 dpo, but at 13 dpo, my answer early test was pretty obviously positive, and the IC was BARELY positive.

It's possible. They say 12 DPO is the highest day for negative before positive results.

When will you test again? When is AF due? I'm super excited and hope this is a GREAT sign!!! I would say, because I HATE negatives... wait at least until 14 dpo to test again... Don't listen to the pushers

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 10th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I just checked my chart again. I'm actually 13 dpo and bfn on a fact plus this morning. I have about 40 ics so I will test every morning until af shows. She is due tomorrow.

I just want this roller coaster ride to end already.

My Blog
May 10th, 2010, 09:31 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
was it a fact plus?....or a fact plus pro? because fact plus pro is less sensitive than fact plus (just sayin!!). i think the fact that your boobs feel like that is a great sign! when i was pregnant with Sarah in the very beginning i slept on my side with a pillow in between my boobs because they hurt soooooo bad. FX for you Heather...it's been long enough and you deserve your BFP!!!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
May 10th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
I know how you feel Heather, it was a long journey to get Jacob for me and while I have only been TTC # 2 for about 5-6 months, I fear another long journey. Personally, just to help you not get your hopes up, a bfn this late usually means bfn, there are some rare occurences though when people won't test positive even after their expected af. There have been months where I was darn near certain I had to be pregnant, every symptom in the book, then I'd test a day or two early, and bfn, then af a day or two later.

New symptom for me now that I have related to af and not pregnancy is extremely sore boobs, its fooled me the last 2 cycles, they were so sore that just having the shower hit them hurt, then af showed 2-3 days after that, so while I originally thought, omg this is it, when I feel the soreness now I know its impending af for me. Either way I really hope you get your bfp soon, I feel your pain and pray that your blessed very soon!

Last edited by Joliving4Jesus; May 10th, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
May 11th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Thank you Jo. I needed to hear that. I hope your journey is a short one this time around!

My Blog
May 11th, 2010, 06:35 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Did you test again today? FMU?

FX for you Heather. I do believe anything is possible. Some women don't get BFP's until 18 DPO up to 6 weeks LMP.

May 11th, 2010, 06:38 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Luck, Heather. I know you really want this and have been trying for a long it. It will happen. Hopefully, this is it.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

May 11th, 2010, 07:21 AM
sleepybear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's possible to get a late bfp. I really hope that's the case for you - you SO deserve it!

May 11th, 2010, 07:24 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've heard of people getting late bfp's. Good luck to you!

May 11th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
To answer your question - no I never ended up with a BFP after a 12dpo BFN. I always had very high early HCG levels though and not everybody does.

The really sore boobs to me is a major symptom and for that reason I think you should remain cautiously optimistic at this point because it is definitely possible that you are pg.

I'm not trying to be a downer, just realistic. I know for me personally, sometimes overly positive feedback started to get to me, even though I knew it was well intentioned. I really just wanted to hear it straight up and I think (hope) you're wanting the same.

In your shoes, I would definitely keep testing until either a BFP or AF shows, especially if the boobs keep hurting. I really really do hope that this is it for you and if it's not, that a BFP is in your very near future. All crossables are crossed here for you!

May 11th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Negative again today. Still hurting boobs.

Last night I was laying in bed with the oddest feeling of little stabbing pains in my vajayjay. Today I just feel ick! I think AF will be here before bedtime tonight.

My Blog
May 11th, 2010, 09:02 AM
SandyJ's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I was preggers with my first daughter I got a bfn late (don't remember how late) and made it to almost 4 months before I went in to see a doc (thought I had walking pneumonia). I only tested once and got the bfn though, so I blame a faulty test.

May 11th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I got negatives for a while with Porter before I got the bfp. Don't remember the dates, though.

However, at 13dpo and still negative, it's not looking so good. I'll hold out hope for you, because the worse thing in the world is pessimism.

My Ovulation Chart

May 11th, 2010, 10:41 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I got a BFN with Sam until 13 dpo and even then it was so light I almost threw it away and then bought a FRER to double check. The negatives were with ICs.
May 11th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
after looking at your chart andthe BFN's I don't think you are (sorry!) but I really do hope this is it! It is possible!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
May 11th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Eh. The lowsy wench showed up at 9pm. Onward we go. Cycle 16 I think.

My Blog
May 11th, 2010, 09:52 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) Heather....that is so crappy. FX for next month!!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
May 11th, 2010, 10:14 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Awww... Heather!!! I was holding out hope for you. %^& Sigh. Keep your chin up, hun. Don't give up. I know it is so much easier to say than do. I hope you get that OMG BFP soon!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 12th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I am so sorry Heather

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search